Author Topic: New Guy Here  (Read 1643 times)

Offline gcwerk

New Guy Here
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:52:07 AM »
I've been lurking here a week or so and now I have time to post!
The wife and i have been looking at Casper for awhile and we always figured we would wind up in Casper.
The other day I came upon a job, via the net, in Wheatland.
We have been to alot of places in Wyoming but never to Wheatland.
Does anyone on the forums here have any experiance/opinion on the area?
I've gotten my resume' out and dusted off and ready to send but...
What's it like?
I'll post an intro here shortly, this work thing is getting in my way at the moment!
gc
man i gotta get out of here

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: New Guy Here
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 08:19:05 AM »
Howdy gcwerk, Glad to have ya here. I have only visited Wheatland so do not have any local info but I am sure someone will give some insite soon. Her is the local paper if that helps.

http://www.pcrecordtimes.com/

Here is our welcome wagon section if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?board=10.0

What type of work are you looking at, if you don't mind me askin.  Also have your wife ask any questions she may have .  Miles
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 08:22:39 AM by wyomiles »
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline gcwerk

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:11:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply, WYOMILES. Right now I am a project manager for a light manufacturing company. Anything along those lines will suit me fine.
I don?t see much fabrication in the state that isn?t related to energy production.
We live in Florida and we are ready to be gone from here.
Like I said we were looking at the Casper area but would settle just about anywhere if the circumstances were suitable. (2 kids, school, etc.)
Hell I?d even live in Cheyenne if it meant getting out of fl.
gc
man i gotta get out of here

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:27:43 AM »
gc, so is that anything like supervisory work ? There are lots of jobs in Wyo. right now so if you have ever thought of trying something different ,this might be the time ?  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785