Author Topic: I leave for Wyoming in three days!  (Read 4168 times)

Offline WiseguyThreeOne

• Mover and Shaker
Re: I leave for Wyoming in three days!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »
Sorry to hear it.Hopefully something else comes up for you.

I asked Infantry Branch assignments if there were any active-duty vacancies at Camp Guernsey and received an emphatic "no". I suppose any relocation from Fort Campbell, KY will have to wait at least two more years when my hitch is up.

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 07:34:38 PM »
Mountain Logger,

There is one thing I know.? There is a lot of jobs there.? Now, if you lived there, with your skills MLogger, you would have found something to keep you going.? Right now you are bummed, but if you were on location something would open up.? I was there the 3rd week in Feb... some 3 weeks ago and there were decent paying jobs right then in construction of homes etc.? I didn't really look in any other direction during that time frame.? If there ever was a time it is now.? I don't know anything about the oil biz, but they are planning on Buffalo going from about 4200 in population to an additional 4000 or so by 2016.? That will mean there is work for those on the ground floor. DO NOT LET TEMPORARY setbacks get you down.? ?Any body with your knowledge and skill set WILL find work.? ?I am so confident in this statement that I would stake my EXwife's life on it >:D.?

Really there is work, get in on the ground floor.? ?I camped in my Chevy suburban for 2 weeks last summer while I toured around and lived pretty cheap other than my gas costs.? I showered in truck stops.? Most of the people that had the jobs in the oil patch probably lived far away from Wyoming.? If you are on site working at something your chance WILL come.? BE persistent.? Endure and hang on and it will happen.

Remember our history, people loaded up there wagons, wagons mind you, and put whole families in them and crossed the country for months at a time.  What are we made of folks.  Now is the time.  How are we going to resist tyranny if can't stand some of this.  I am even now trying to sell my biz and get going.  I will have to leave my family and go on ahead and try to put it all together.  It is risky, but I won't lose my life.  If I stay here with what the Illinois legislature has in mind, I will probably be dead at some point far sooner than otherwise.....

Regards, Danl ~W~
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 07:40:20 PM by Danl »
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 08:17:28 PM »
Sorry to hear your problems MountainLogger. Maybe the communications broke down because people at the company were scrambling for their own jobs too? You can't expect too much in that case; work efficiency goes way down...

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, would have shown you around Cody. I haven't been around much lately, grinding through this session's bills for the Wyoming Liberty Index.  :P

Listen to Danl. There is a lot of work here. I just got a flyer in the mail (addressed to "current resident") asking if I'm interested in working for the railroad. The "Union Pacific Hiring Fair".
Laws turn men into slaves.