Author Topic: Sundance Times Controversy  (Read 6208 times)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Sundance Times Controversy
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 07:53:53 AM »
That's a darn good idea, Jack. And not only for Crook county. We'll have to give that some thought. MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 09:28:16 AM »
Welcome Jackpot.  I'm glad you've taken your valuable time to at least investigate FSW.  My comments below represent just Me and Mine.  I DO NOT presume to speak for FSW or any other 'members' of the ad hoc group.

Hopefully, you can now see that most of us want to come to Wyoming with the intent of PRESERVING what is there.  The  freedom you all have is the draw.  Me and mine want it to STAY that way.  -Gravel roads and all.

This is one topic youll find that I stand with you over.  Zoneing laws are a joke and we (Sundance) have faith that the problem might be taken care of.  Two of our recent commisioners were recently replaced during the election with Ranchers, that feel the same way you do about this Zoning crap.  I could go on for days about this subject, and its funny you spoke of a road.....my hair stands on end.

I hope you are right.  Zoning/planning/code enforcement goofiness is one of the issues we want to get away from.  I believe the owner of the property has the right to do with his property what he choses.  If Crook County goes off the deep end on this, Me and mine will look elsewhere.  I don't want to move in and immediately have the same fight on my hands.  Been there.  That's a story for face to face discussion...

I'll PM you with a little about us.  Its a privacy thing.

Regards,
Bobcat

Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline Danl

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 11:04:24 AM »
Jackpot,

They (the bureauRats)? have gone so far here in Illinois that if you buy any kind of septic tank the dealer is mandated to inform the state of the purchase and the purchaser's contact info and they will come and investigate where it is going to go.? The public health department is very aggressive in pursuing anything they can find to take charge of.

We have a case where the one neighbor had a great spring (water) and the other neighbor needed the water also so they came to aggreement to go together and get a better system than either could afford to buy by themselves.? The owner of the spring has been termed a water supplier by the Public Health Dept.? The owner will have to comply with the same provisions as a commercial supplier of water, the same as a municipal water arrangement.

Once these people have a toe in the door, or in the case of a hog, his snoot under the fence, they know no limits and have no common sense, and ZERO sense of humor!

This is what some of us are trying to escape!? We are refugees from the rulers.? I would venture to say that we haven't even gotten started telling horror stories of the places some of us live in and the bureauRats that run them.? NEVER, NEVER, let them get a started......? It starts out with the most noble of intentions.? Kinda like the Income Tax, it was sold as a soak the rich scheme, but once the law is in place the regulations can be changed much easier.

Now as to the Rope.......? I have on video one throw that has a 'different' name, kind of like Delano or something, that was the prettiest loop I ever saw thrown.? The loop went up in the air and "figure eighted" itself and came down on the calf's rear end, at which point the calf stepped in and was caught.? It was worth a whole bunch of points.? I have watched it several times.? We had somebody request a copy of our video to be sent to them.? It took us a while to get it copied but we sent it a few months later.?

Regards, Danl ~W~
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 09:28:40 PM by Danl »
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 08:58:36 PM »
Jackpot, good idea on the local Q&A.

Folks might be surprised that the FSW is much less of
an org than they assumed, and with hardly any goals.

My purpose in forming it was to create a sort of
self-energizing syndrome for Wyoming relocation.
I've seen liberals converge on Colorado, and it was
done without a plan.  It was a phenomenon, and
that is what I'd like to see the FSW foment.

So, there may be less to ask me/us about than one expects.
Such is the nature of phenomena...

~W~
Boston

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 09:26:27 AM »
     Jackpot, welcome aboard. Like you, I was born and raised here(I now live in Laramie but am Bighorn bound)and grew up taking all this space and freedom pretty much for granted. What pushed me over the edge to carry was fatherhood 3 years ago. It's a pretty normal adult male response to have all those "PROTECT" instincts emerge when you become a parent. Look at the news on any channel and look at all the incidents of sick-o's assaulting women and kids and ask yourself "What would happen to anyone threatening biathlons family?" I'm a grunt Jackpot. I'm an electrician. I build stuff and fix things. I have to get up and go to work every day and the f@#%$&G gov takes nearly a third of my income every year. I'm in this Free State thing because I'm concerned about all of the above comments from our other members. How would you feel about having neighbors that would join your fight when the (insert any large corporate or govt. entity) comes to condem the Jackpot Ranch to make a golf course? I hope you'll come to the FSW Jam in june. I'll show you my favorite fishing spot near the Guernsey Resivoir. B

Offline Jackpot

• Social Type
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 07:58:58 AM »
Were on the same page me an you Biathlon.  I have a 14 month old little girl and another one on the way and funnily enough im an electrician hahaha.  When you said Welcome aboard......you Navy?  I am, just havent heard that phrase in awhile.

Danl did you happen to see any women roping during the event?  If ya did the lady with brown hair that was probably showing up most everyone is my sister.  The man that owns the Jackpot with a big mustache, and gear that looks like its been overused is my father, hes about 5'7".  My sister is about 6'1" and im 6'7"  hahahaha milkman?  Jking hes not our biological father but even better.  He took my mother and us in when we were 4 and 5 years old and gave us the world.  Very cool guy and if anyone is in the neighborhood again they should take the opportunity to watch him work a horseback....its a spectacle, and hes probably one of the very last true Cowboys on god's green earth.
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey

Offline Danl

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 11:21:55 PM »
Jackpot,

I saw some ladies roping and some very young teenagers doing some very fine roping as well.? There was an indian or two in the mix and as I recall some mexican folks also.? One thing for sure, a fine time was had by all and they treated us Illinoisans just as fine as you can imagine.? I? just have to get my biz arrangements made so I can make a living out in your neck of the woods...... and then I am gone from here....

Regards, Danl ~W~?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 10:11:36 PM by Danl »
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 09:52:42 PM »
Welcome Jackpot.

Your question about the gun thing reminds me of something that happened to a neighbor of mine - Jim Zumbo. He just put his opinion out there and was flabbergasted at the response.

Here's what I think is going on about this (just my opinion). Wyoming is such a gun-crazy state, that people just take them for granted. While gun ownership is probably the highest in the nation, the concealed carry law is kinda crappy and I bet few people carry, concealed or open, as a matter of course. No gang-banger here, etc. So in a weird way, the prevalence of guns and the gun culture here has made Wyomingites rather indifferent about them. So that, when someone is seen carrying openly, they are thought strange.

Now, try to look at things from our point of view. Put yourself in our shoes. We come from states where guns are constantly made out as evil. Gun owners are subjected to all sorts of bad comments, and made to feel shame for owning guns. At least that is the constant drumbeat against us. We don't by any means take the right to bear arms for granted, because we have all fought battles constantly trying to preserve that right. I don't know how many letters to the editor I have written, how many legislators and congresscritters I have begged to leave me alone. Wyomingites never have to do these things, so maybe they don't understand.

You write, "...believe me that i am part of the good ole boy society that believes the 2nd amendmant should never be tampered with." No doubt Jim Zumbo considered himself the same, yet he voiced an opinion that was instantly picked up and quoted on gun prohibitionist sites. It was simple thoughtlessness on his part, probably because he really doesn't know how bad it is out there, outside Wyoming. He didn't realize he was providing ammo for gun banners.

Jackpot, the 2nd Amendment that you and we all respect is a right to bear arms. It does no good to pay lip service to that right while looking askance at those who exercise it. Rights are never protected by people ashamed to exercise them. People who carry openly are doing you a service in protecting the 2nd Amendment. Being ashamed to exercise the right has been tried many times before, and it just doesn't work (e.g. England). Knuckling under to the sensitivities of newspaper editors and hoplophobes just delays the inevitable, confiscation - and helps to ensure it happens. The time to resist is now, when maybe an occasional person is made uncomfortable by seeing a gun - not later when you are thrown in jail for having one. That occasional person will just have to adapt. Yes, people need to adapt to seeing me exercise a right. Adapt or leave. I do not adapt to him by giving up my right.

Our persistence on this issue may appear strange to you and other Wyomingites, but we're just going to do it anyway. Our backs are against the wall, and we can't back down any more.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:58:37 PM by Paul Bonneau »
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline wyoman

• Reader
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 02:04:39 AM »
Deer Paul, (just thought I'd throw that in there),
we are not  gun crazy,
nor are we gun lazy,
we don't take them for granted,
I find that quite slanted,
yes, few people carry,
the rest are unwary,
so in a wierd kinda' way.
our culture holds sway,
open carry is strange,
but not on the range,
we don't deafen the ears,
of all of our peers...
...for the sake of our nieghbors,
who share all our labors,
as far as indifference,
check this out for inference,
CLICK, CLICK, BANG, BANG.....,
so much for that gang.....BANGER!
"An armed society ,
is a polite society,"...(usta' know the
author of that quip, wish I still did...)
and now for the shame,
do feel no blame,
was your castle robbed last night!?
the riight to bear arms,
is the right to WEAR arms,
YESS!! It is time to resist!.
or cease and decist!!
I doe know nothin,' but hey what the f.........OOPS!..........I'm only a buck!
btw Paul, if you get some free time, would you mind breaking this into verses for me(us)...oh, and a spelll/grammer check wouldn' hurt notin' either...:)
...yours in humillity, Neal
God bless you all

Offline Derringer

• Reader
  • Border Security = Homeland Security
    • Libertarian Party
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 02:39:58 PM »
Paul, Just 2 add a comment about your post. I come from a Vermont, the state with no gun laws. One can ccw or oc with no license. I have seen a huge influx of sheeple from MA, NJ, NY Etc. They are ALL trying to change the laws here and get handguns banned. The Californians have taken over Colorado, and look at the way guns are viewed in Boulder and Denver. The point I am trying to make to Jackpot is it's just a matter of time till the "discover" Wyoming and start with the $500K "McMansions", and start getting elected to the legislature!

Offline John Corry

• Social Type
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 01:18:49 PM »
Some of you folks are really going out of your way to alienate and even insult a longtime Wyoming resident!

Why!?

The guy feels a little nervous about being around a bunch of armed strangers in his small-hometown...so what.

That doesn't make him the gun-grabbing, bloomberg loving Zumbo that some of us are comparing him to...just an honest guy who acknowledged his feelings about it.

Jackpot, no worries here man...you're entitled to whatever suspicion you have of anyone, armed or not. I would imagine that when you have a chance, over time you'll discover that most of us are the type of folks that you want armed and want to share a neighborhood with. Until we have such chance to demonstrate that adequately, feel free to tense up a little. Anything less and you wouldn't be honoring the little voice inside who you should always listen to.

Offline Derringer

• Reader
    • Libertarian Party
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »
John Corry,
Don't worry about these fine people here on FSW, it's only a matter of time until the Kalifornians discover the cheap land to exploit. Then they get elected to the legislature, then they do whatever the hell they want. I have read posts from Montana where this is starting to happen there. I am still in Vermont contemplating a move there. I still haven't decided. I didn't realize Wyoming people were so fearful of guns and outsiders. As far as someone commenting about FSW coming to "save WY, I don't know that you can save anyone who doesn't want saving. I can't speak for Wyoming since I have only drove through once, but here in Vermont the natives are too stupid to save themselves. In case some of you don't get it the ultra left have an agenda, just like the ultra right does! I can guarantee it's not to look out for your best interests, it's to get rich off your land and resources.

Offline FSW Forum Administrator

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
Enough of the name calling and inuendo and insults with broad strokes. Stick to facts. You guys want to debate the facts fine, debate away.

FSW Forum Admin
Thanks,
The Management

Offline Derringer

• Reader
    • Libertarian Party
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
Well I guess thats the final word on that!