Author Topic: Wyoming VS Montana, Kentucky, Etc.. PLEASE Help!  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
Re: Wyoming VS Montana, Kentucky, Etc.. PLEASE Help!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »
Montana and Wyoming are both good choices, and there are freedom movements in both places. The difference is a little hard to describe, but I will take a whack at it. Wyoming is more traditionally conservative. D's are a distinct minority for example. Montana has more a "liberal" flavor to it (D's and R's are even in the legislature), in both the good sense and bad sense. Example, Montana (I think) passed a resolution condemning the Patriot Act; that would never happen in Wyoming. Montana passed a statewide smoking ban; that happened in Laramie and Evanston, but statewide looks unlikely. Wyomingites tend to have more respect for the law, while Montanans seem to ignore idiot laws - but there are a lot more Montana laws on the books for them to ignore, because among other things the Montana legislative session is about twice as long as Wyoming's.

Montana in a lot of ways is a lot like Oregon, although my Montana friend Ben Irvin would hate to hear me say that.  :)

If you are a plumber there are many places in Wyoming you will do well. Nothing is cast in concrete though. Starting in Gillette doesn't mean you have to be there next year. You need to get here and get established, then put out feelers. My impression of Wyoming is that opportunity just pops up all over the place because almost everyone seems to be an entrepreneur of some sort. All you need is to be willing to work.
Laws turn men into slaves.