Author Topic: Update from the PRI  (Read 4830 times)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Update from the PRI
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 06:14:20 AM »
I'd cross my fingers, but that makes it so hard to type! LOL  Praying you prevail, and get through school without a hitch. I know you can do it. :) Keep us posted!
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline bear0u812

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Is it time yet?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 03:48:07 PM »
I appologize for the wait, but my hearing was this past Friday, and I did not have access to a computer till now. Long Story short, I did not get my son. What did happen is joint custody, so I have equal say in decisions regarding my son, but in the case of a disagreement, she has final say. I do have a very, I hate to use this word, liberal visitation. x-mas is split in half, I get new years this year, and thanksgiving, and easter. summertime is 15 of june thru 15 july, 4 weeks but I do get the fourth from here on out. Anyways thats the summary, still a bit messed up about the loss. But I will pull through. Thank you to everyone here for the support, I really appreciate it. One of these days I will get out there for the jam w/ my son in tow. Thanks again.

Kirbey Hook

Father and Patriot
Cross roads come along in the journey called life. Some are obvious, some are so subtle you might miss them. But when you come to one and a decision need to be made, which direction and path will you walk down.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »
Hmmm, how do you have "equal say" if she gets to veto anything she doesn't agree with? Bummer, big time!

I really feel for you, and just hope you can manage to maintain a good relationship with both of them. The most destructive thing in a case like this is the poisoning of the children's mind by the parent's negative comments against each other.

God bless and keep you both. God willing, you'll come home to Wyoming some day.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline JenS

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
    • Awaken Decor & Gifts
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »
Kirbey, I had a female friend go through a messy custody battle so I know how trying this must have been for you. My friend, the former housewife, did not get joint custody (nor did she have a competent lawyer), but she did get partial. I am very glad that you *at least* have "joint" custody. I am sure you will make the best of it, and perhaps when your son is older you can make other arrangements through the courts or otherwise. Bless you and your family.
Artist, Writer, Lady of Liberty, girlfriend to the most fabulous man