Author Topic: Wyoming in 08  (Read 7706 times)

Offline Daveasxx

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Voting Wyoming resident!
Re: Wyoming in 08
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 03:03:05 PM »
Great!  I just got a letter in the mail from the developer which said that (gives name) a PHD in Zoology and Ecology from Kalifornia who spent "20 years finding open space solutions that serve both people and wildlife"  just bought up a huge part of the place and the developer "Asked (gives name) to serve on the board of the Home owner's association because of his passion and interst in the preservation of our environment."  Agggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline FreeRadical

• Casual Observer
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 05:42:44 PM »
lol...now it might not be that bad. 

It would interesting if about ten of us or so went in together and bought a 700-acre site.  Might have enough for our own little private village.
http://www.billofrights.net/ : Void where probited by law.

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 05:57:40 PM »
I'm worried that it will be.  They want to start giving approval BEFORE you get a building permit now.  The letter said the County won't give you a permit unless the "Association" approves it.  Are you kidding me!?!  I think they are bluffing, I'm tying to find out who in the county to call about this.  The association was supposed to be for covering the costs of snow removal since the roads are all private.  Now you can't put anything less than a "brand new doublewide with a permanent foundation in earthtone colors 250ft from the property line."  I don't have a problem with that but I don't like being told that...and when does that change to:  A 350,000 FRN minimum manson!  Also, I'm afraid Mr. Environmental will see a wolf (which there are) and proclaim the area a "habitat."  Sorry, now you have to move...we have to protect the cute little (150 pound) wolf.  Every one of those killing machines should be shot!  (The wolves)

I'm going to start looking to build now and get my livestock fence, barn, doublewide, ceptic, water, in before they find a reason to deny building permits.  Anyone know where I can get reasonable prices on a new doublewide?  Amy and the kids can live there after it's all built.  I can drive back and forth from WA on the weekends and I'll be there soon enough.  Or maybe I'm overreacting.  I've just seen this kind of thing from these Kalifornians before.  80% of the state is ALREADY a wildlife area.  We need a good hard winter...that usually scares all the liberals away...he...he. 

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »
Hunter usually has the inside scoop on good deals on modulars/mobiles .  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

appaloosablue

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 09:35:46 PM »
Hi Amy,

Glad to know that there will be other supportive wives in the mix.  I'm the mother of 6 little libertarians. It didn't take much doing from my husband to realize that Wyoming is where our brood needs to grow up.  We homeschool, so all of them are independent thinkers--we told them to all agree that Wyoming is a good idea. :D

Brandy

Offline AjaxBtz

• Reader
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 02:38:19 PM »
Wow, homeschooling a brood of six  :o. I'm not sure I will have the patients to homeschool my own 2, but after the struggles I've had over the past few years with my son and the school systems, I'm going to do what ever I have to do, to get him out and keep them out of the system...Deprograming of the 13 year old is extremely frustrating, both for me and him, and I'm not sure if I've actually accomplished anything or not... ::) Our arrival date in Wyoming is still in debate...it's possible the kids and I will be there as early as September...

Right now I'm in the middle of a tranfer, with the movers coming in  less than 2 weeks. I've got myself rather stressed about the whole thing, I hate moving...And the more I think about the drive there the worse I get, me, 2 kids and a cat in one car and Hubby in relative peace and quite in the other, I'm really getting the wrong end of the stick on the whole deal....LOL.

I'm still not sure if it's going to work out, but I'm going to try to make it to the Jam in May.  I know that my kids will enjoy it, (the tot loves camping  :D) and it will give me a chance to meet FSW members.

Amy

Martha

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 07:10:54 PM »
Hey Amy,

Where in WY are you going first?  Are you going to family in Sweetwater Co first?  If so that's where I'm at.  I would love to get together.  I've got three boys.  They could play in the yard or whatever.  It would be soooo refreshing to have an intelligent conversation with another woman that thinks the way I do.  If you get in the area e-mail me ___@___.com. 

Martha
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:45:45 AM by Jared »

Offline WY_Not

• FSW Associate
    • The Fundamentals of Freedom
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 07:54:42 PM »
Also, I'm afraid Mr. Environmental will see a wolf (which there are) and proclaim the area a "habitat."? Sorry, now you have to move...we have to protect the cute little (150 pound) wolf.? Every one of those killing machines should be shot!? (The wolves)

Solution to the wolves as well as other nuisances is commonly called "Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up". *grins evilly*
''Do not fear the government that fears the informed citizen,
Become informed and change it.
Do not fear the government that fears the armed citizen,
Arm yourself and change it.''
-- Joseph L. Hodge, 2004

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 07:59:57 PM »
Especially with ranchers...lol.  Those things are nothing but killing machines!

Dave