Author Topic: FSW Videos  (Read 6220 times)

Offline JenS

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
    • Awaken Decor & Gifts
FSW Videos
« on: July 18, 2007, 07:18:47 PM »
Any more thought out there to promoting FSW via video? YouTube is certainly on the cusp of the new frontier of self-broadcast, I think we'd do well to create a few. I just got a web cam, will have to see if I can put together something halfway interesting. Been watching so many good grassroots Ron Paul You Tube videos, it's great interactive marketing...would be a great addition to the FSW blogs and web site. Way better than a static page.
Artist, Writer, Lady of Liberty, girlfriend to the most fabulous man

Offline Atlas Shrug

• FSW Rifleman
Re: FSW Videos
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 04:36:03 AM »
Looks like Jen just volunteered to be the official unofficial FSW videographer and YouTube marketing manager... :o
Keep your powder dry,

Atlas Shrug

"Ordnance trumps Ordinance"   -Atlas Shrug
"The only thing worth getting up tight about is your rifle sling."  -Bobcat

Offline FSW Forum Administrator

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:13:36 AM »
I'll second that.  >:D
Thanks,
The Management

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:18:44 AM »
I'd say that was a great idea! Way to go, Jen!! I'll see if someone can bring a video camera so we can film our trailer move/clean up project. We should try to film all of our gatherings and projects somehow. If nothing else, it would be nice to show the kids how things were in "the old days." LOL  ML
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Danl

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 08:00:22 AM »
Jen etal,

I am all for it.  It is definitely NOT my talent.  I can however spread the word for viewing when something starts coming together....... :D

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »
We've got username "freestatewyoming" registered on Youtube and on myspace.
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline JenS

• Awaken Decor & Gifts
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »
I'd say that was a great idea! Way to go, Jen!! I'll see if someone can bring a video camera so we can film our trailer move/clean up project. We should try to film all of our gatherings and projects somehow. If nothing else, it would be nice to show the kids how things were in "the old days." LOL  ML

Exactly!!! Right on Mama!!! Wish I had a real video camera...I could document my move to WY. Hate to spend money though, lol.  ;)

Offline JenS

• Awaken Decor & Gifts
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 06:57:17 PM »
Jen etal,
I am all for it.  It is definitely NOT my talent.  I can however spread the word for viewing when something starts coming together....... :D
Regards, Danl ~W~

Thanks...although I have run for office, I really need to polish up my speaking skills...I do fine when I've planned ahead, but stuff off the cuff, and being funny in some way will take practice. We shall see...thanks for your enthusiasm. I am good at design, and I know what I like. Of course I will start with a disclaimer, "my own opinions, not official FSW" or something to that effect. Ha!

Offline JenS

• Awaken Decor & Gifts
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 06:58:34 PM »
We've got username "freestatewyoming" registered on Youtube and on myspace.
Cool Jared...I will keep you guys posted!

Offline AmbGun.com

• The Meek Shall Inherit the Gulag.
    • The Ambidextral Gunfighter
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 10:53:33 PM »
We're doing "local content video" this fall (covering the Worland High School football games) via www.RTcom.TV (still in beta).

A book on videography I've found very useful is Videomaker Guide to Digital Video and DVD Production...
http://www.amazon.com/Videomaker-Guide-Digital-Video-Production/dp/0240805666/ref=sr_1_15/104-9400916-7085558?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184907142&sr=8-15

As well as Viodi...
http://www.viodi.com/

Windows Movie Maker on XP is pretty decent as well as iMovie on the Mac. Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere are two great video editing packages, but we've found NewTek's SpeedEdit the fastest way to end up with a finished product.

If anyone produces any Wyoming historical, tourism or sports related videos, I'd be interested in steaming it off of RTcom.TV.
Author of
The Ambidextral Gunfighter
The Philosophy in Defense of Firearms

Offline JenS

• Awaken Decor & Gifts
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 11:43:52 PM »
Thanks so much for that. I have a Mac with iMovie...so I guess I'll be playing with that.