Author Topic: Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot - October 2007  (Read 4934 times)

Offline P'ahin Nunihan

• FSW Associate
  • Svizzeri sono armatissimi e liberissimi.
Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot - October 2007
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:37:12 PM »
Anybody ever been to Knob Creek?  I'd like to go this fall and check it out.  So I called and chatted with Kenny's (the owner) wife about maybe having a FSW table/tent.  They are going to think about it - they do have vendor tables but have a huge waiting list for those - the NRA has a table there, but no GOA or JPFO.

Anyway just checking to see who has knowledge or interest.
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around - Talking Heads

Offline NorthGunner

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Re: Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot - October 2007
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:12:22 PM »
Hi P'ahin Nunihan,  :)

I've been to the Knob Creek shoot twice in the late '90's. ;D   Had a blast both times I was there (only regret is that I didn't take the time to ride on the 'Nam era Huey that was available).  Since there's a huge wait list for tables, how about setting one up in the camping area if permissable (yes, there's onsite camping).  If you have never attended a Knob Creek Shoot you don't know what you're missing; I saw a 1895 Argentine Maxim gun in action along with a 7.62 minigun and a Flak 30 20MM that was trailer mounted to name a few! >:D).  They really should have tables for both GOA and JPFO too.  Hope this helps!

http://www.knobcreekshoot.com/ Knob Creek Shoot.com (has some good video of the offerings at Knob Creek)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6827679956771459066 Google Video of a Sat Night Firepower Shoot

Yours In Liberty! ~W~
Steve Kristmann aka Northgunner
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
If you can handle crowds, it is a blast, er bzzzzzzzzt, brrrrrrrrrrraaaaatt. :D  Yes, they have flamethrowers...

Went with a group of friends this spring and it was crowded but quite worthwhile.  As Northgunner alludes, you will see stuff there that you won't likely see anywhere else.  And the stuff ain't sittin idle.  It's burpin out projos!!!!

Next time I go, I am hoping to see the Sat night shoot.  The videos should give you an idea of what to expect.  It will add a whole new visual candy dimension.

As far as a table goes, that will be tough.  As I understand, getting space is $$ and with a waiting list, the owners can pick and choose who they want.  Most folks come to by some ammo, parts, ammo, FA parts, barrels, ammo, FA guns and a little more ammo.  Those guys go thru crates of the stuff.  Incredible.  Some of those guys appear to shoot more in one weekend than an active shooter would go thru in a lifetime!  No kidding!!

Most of the tables are full of serious gun goodies with very few 'junk/fleamarket' grade items.  Even the larger name companies have a relatively small space that is just CRAMMED with ammo for sale, mostly milsurp, with some new Russian stuff (Wolf).  So, I would think the owners would be looking for someone with gun goodies to sell. 

Maybe the way to get into the show would be to make a deal with someone who already has a table?

Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline NorthGunner

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »
Hi Bobcat,  :)

You're absolutely right; I had a blast there (didn't mind the crowds at all...met some great people).

Next time I go, I am hoping to see the Sat night shoot.  The videos should give you an idea of what to expect.  It will add a whole new visual candy dimension.

For a good illustration of the experience of being at Knob Creek is like check out the pertinent section of Unintended Consequences by John Ross.  I met him at the SOF show at LV in '96 and later saw him again at the Creek during one of my two trips there (some fool at the show mentioned to his face that he made up the section about 'shooting clays out of the air with MG's' so John got permission to use the range during down time and shut him up by breaking clays with a 9mm Swedish K subgun...think the doubter lost some $$$ on the bet he made there too but can't vouch for that...didn't see it myself but heard folks talking it up there after it happened).

Yours In Liberty! ~W~
Steve Kristmann aka Northgunner
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline Wyowoman

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 11:06:19 PM »
We've been and it is a great time! We have video of our middle boy who was only 2 at the time sound asleep in his stroller (with his hearing protection on) and you can hear the gunfire in the background and he just looks very content  ;D  Be prepared for mud, especially if you go in April. 
?Political correctness is really a subjective list put together by the few to rule the many?a list of things one must think, say, or do. It affronts the right of the individual to establish his or her own beliefs.? Mark Berley, Argos, Spring 1998

Offline FreedomFighter101

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 11:46:14 PM »
i got a great video from this springs shoot on my myspace page myspace.com/esecrist
at the very end of the night shoot this past spring, they fired somewhere around 10,000 rounds of green tracer out of the minigun :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D
wish i could go to this falls shoot

oh yea, someone had a minigun for sale up there in april for the low low price of a quarter mil

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • FREEDOM NOW! For the future.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
OH, KCR is awesome!

I went in Fall '01 and Spring '06.

Sorry, folks, but the flamethrowers are spring only! (I assume b/c of fire hazard)

It is so cool, but quite packed. I might want to go, who else is interested? Biathlon had murmured interest lately.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

-OPTIMUS PRIME

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »
Gents, I am considering going.  Let me know if you all decide to go and we'll set up a meeting point... 

If I go it will probably be Saturday afternoon/evening.
Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger