Author Topic: My trip to WY  (Read 1551 times)

Offline CZ Man

• Social Type
My trip to WY
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:38 PM »
Well I just got back home from my little trip to WY.

I took a week off from work and headed down to check out the State. This was my first trip to the great state of WY. And I must say I was not disappointed. Checked out Cheyenne, Casper, Cody, and Jackson Hole. Beautiful landscapes, friendly people, great gun laws, and plenty of job opportunities in several police forces (my preference for a career). The highlight had to be the Cody Firearm museum. I spent at least 7 hours in it one day, and about 4 hours the next day in the other connected museums. That place is one of the coolest places I have ever been to. It was nice to be able to exercise my right to bear arms too. My Colt Commander never left my side.  :)
Needless to say, after visiting the State, it is even more appealing to me. I now have to decide if I will follow my career aspirations as a peace officer up here in Canada, or down in WY. Tough decision. Hopefully I'll have an answer in a few weeks.
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: My trip to WY
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:42:16 PM »
You didn't stop in and visit anybody? What a shame! Glad you had a good time, though. Maybe we'll see you next year at the Jam.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »
Glad you could make the trip!  Pretty good circuit for a week!

The highlight had to be the Cody Firearm museum. I spent at least 7 hours in it one day, and about 4 hours the next day in the other connected museums. That place is one of the coolest places I have ever been to. It was nice to be able to exercise my right to bear arms too. My Colt Commander never left my side.  Smiley

Thumbs up on that museum!  What a place!  Certainly multiple visits are called for. :) 

One question, HOW did you get away with OC in the museum? :o  The fact that they do not allow firearms in the museum has always rubbed me wrong. 
Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline CZ Man

• Social Type
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:31:57 PM »
I couldn't stop and say hi to anyone cause I was to busy. Next time I head down there, I'll have to give myself a lot more time. It was a great trip, just too rushed.

As for packing, I simply carried concealed most of the time. I know, I know, I should stand up for our rights and open carry, but since it was my first time in WY, I was a little unsure how the general population would handle it. And since I have a CCW permit I figured it couldn't hurt. Next time though I'll probably OC.

The Cody and Cheyenne PD were sure tempting. I'm considering dropping my RCMP application and heading down there. Who knows...
The answer to 1984 is 1776.