Author Topic: A quick Hello !!  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Charlie1A

• Reader
  • "Rangers Lead The Way"
A quick Hello !!
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:46:49 PM »
Hi all,
? ? Been going through the forums, and like what I hear. A worthy endevor!! Not yet a member but probably will be soon. A bit about myself.. Lived here in Casper for about 20 yrs now. Construction worker. Moved here from Colo., but was raised in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico also. (Dad worked construction too.... :))
Good to see that someone is doing something worthwhile for their neighbors,the state and our country. 100% behind you all. Best of Luck to ya's!!

Chuck

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: A quick Hello !!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 06:03:06 PM »
Howdy neighbor! Welcome! We're tickled you found us. :) Join in the fun here and let us get to know you better!
MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 07:08:45 PM »
Howdy chuck, A recent transplant to Casper myself. Glad to see more folks here locally. Check out the get together thread for Casper.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline Charlie1A

• Reader
  • "Rangers Lead The Way"
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »
OOOPs.... :-[ I may have posted this in the wrong place seeing as I am not a member as yet. Should have put it in the "prospective members and interested parties. Sry guys... Admin....get the cane... ;) Or please just move this thread to where it belongs. (I would much prefer the latter)? ;D At any rate, thanks much for the welcome all!!!

Offline Charlie1A

• Reader
  • "Rangers Lead The Way"
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 11:27:03 PM »
Just for the record, If the SIG offends anyone I will gladly get rid of it.  I made that Sig, remembering one of my first Airborne jumps with the Rangers back in 75. I was a frightened young man, with all these "OLD" soldiers around me, waiting on the tarmak to board the planes. Setting there, a Sgt. walked by, stopped, he could see my fear, and said that to me. In those exact words. A few jumps after that, I said the same thing to a NEWBEE who had just came into our Battalion. I am sure it had been going on long before I got there, and is probably still going on to this day. With all those who fall out of a perfecly good airplane. Just another way to let them know, they are not alone.

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 12:30:06 AM »
Welcome aboard Charlie1A.  Glad to see more Wyomingites here.

The sig is cool 8), nice job.  Sort of a challenge for bringing up on dial-up, but don't let that stop you. 

Pop was a Ranger before Nam, so I can relate, sort of  ;).  Most on the board here appreciate those that have served so I can't see it being a problem from that standpoint.   As far as regrouping in Hell, well, war is Hell IMO.  Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, like it or not.  Thanks for your service.

We're just a bunch of freedom loving folks who want to keep it that way, and a polite easy going crowd at that. :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 06:10:14 PM by bobcat »
Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 07:16:51 AM »
Chuck, no problem here with the sig... not for me anyhow. And you can fix the membership thing easy enough. <G>

Propose a Casper get together of some kind to meet all the folks there. No need at all to move this thread then! :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Charlie1A

• Reader
  • "Rangers Lead The Way"
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 05:15:41 PM »
Figured I'd drop the sig. It never dawned on me about the dialup thing. I have had DSL for so long now I almost forgot how long it takes to bring things up on the slower connections. LOL, spoiled to the core I am!!
I see this thread got moved to where it belongs so all is good. Glad the Admin in charge didn't bring out the cane. ;)
 Bobcat, thanks for the kind words.
And MamaLiberty, that sounds like a good idea, although it may be a while.

Offline Charlie1A

• Reader
  • "Rangers Lead The Way"
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 08:35:57 AM »
Wow! Still going through this forum and have not come close to seeing all of it yet. Catching some of the links, getting side tracked with that. A wealth of good information here !! Great work you guys!! Now to see if I can find a couple of Bostons books and get a read on that. Again, great work all !! ;D

Offline JenS

• Awaken Decor & Gifts
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
Welcome Charlie1A! Thanks for stopping in.
Is Colorado a lot different in climate from Wyoming and other places you've been? I was just talking to a car salesman today on the phone at work who is in Colorado Springs. He is from Houston and it REALLY sounds like he is having a hard time adjusting to Colorado's "4 seasons in one day". He lives at 6000 elevation, and said he drove down the mtn. where it was sunny, then ran into rain, then hail, then snow. Says the thinner air really kills him too, and he just recently was in the Army. I suppose he is just not used to it yet.   :)
Artist, Writer, Lady of Liberty, girlfriend to the most fabulous man

Offline Charlie1A

• Reader
  • "Rangers Lead The Way"
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »
Hi JenS,
 No, the climate in Colorado isn't too much different than here. As a matter of fact it looks like we got a couple of inches of snow on Casper Mountain just south of  us today. Only rain here in town so far though. I spent a few years in Georgia, and comming back to these elevations took some getting used to again. But it doesn't take very long. The weather here is really pretty nice. And I bet there are more than a few from here and Colo. who can say they have been snowed on in the mountains on a 4th of July weekend. The winter cold takes a bit to get used to. But you can always dress for it. I grew up mostly down in the southern deserts, so that was different for me. Spring and fall is where you can see all 4 in a day. It's great though.

Chuck

Offline Chris

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »
Wow! Still going through this forum and have not come close to seeing all of it yet. Catching some of the links, getting side tracked with that. A wealth of good information here !! Great work you guys!! Now to see if I can find a couple of Bostons books and get a read on that. Again, great work all !! ;D

Welcome Charlie!

My wife (Lynda) & are are hoping to get our house sold & move to WY within the next year, and are leaning towards either Casper, Buffalo, or Sheridan. Lynda wants to see all 3 before she casts her final "vote".

You can find Boston's books at www.javelinpress.com, although I've picked a few up from gun shows, and got Molon Labe from Fredsm14stocks.com.

Chris

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.<br />-Unknown

Offline Charlie1A

• Reader
  • "Rangers Lead The Way"
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »
Sorry it's been so long since I posted. Went down with a bad back and things just went to hell for a while. Been checking the forums and...WOW... huge response you guys are getting. I like it.  ;) Keep up the good work all. Talk to ya's all agin soon!! ;D

Offline planetaryjim

• Needs To Get Out More
  • I am not a part of your empire.
    • The Indomitus Report
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
One of my best friends, and indicted co-conspirators for Space Travel Services, was an Army Ranger.  They do lead the way.
My long posts make some think I'm a key figure in FSW.  I'm not. I'm not an officer nor a leader.  I'm just this guy.  I think FSW is a great idea, & defend & promote it as I'm able.   Assuming that anyone agrees w/me is mistaken. Your bad results from your poor assumptions are your responsibility.

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »
Hello Charlie 1A,
    Sorry I'm late on the thread.  The first time I went shooting was with an Veitnam Vet Ranger. He taught me how to shoot rifles('95 Spanish Mauser, 7mm) and a 30-30 Marlin. That same night I watched him reload all the spent ammo. What a cool dude. Rangers are all right with me.

Triple Volunteers, right?