Author Topic: How many FSW members?  (Read 5185 times)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: How many FSW members?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 06:37:28 AM »
Hard to know exactly how to answer this, Jim. I make a large distinction between "politics" and ELECTORAL politics. I've been involved in both for many years, and finally came to the conclusion that the electoral kind was NOT congruent with my life philosophy in any way. I do not, thereby, remove myself from political discussion or considerations. I just don't vote for people for any reason. I've tried to make that plain other places.

Here in Weston/ Newcastle I've made a pretty good footprint just by openly being a sovereign individual, telling it like it is whenever I get a chance, being a good neighbor, openly carrying my firearm, teaching others self defense and so forth.

I've thought about going to city council meetings, etc. but I don't see any benefit to it. That is exactly the wrong setting to attempt any "education" and if I opened my mouth at all it would most likely be counterproductive in the extreme. Most people in local government do not want to hear the real message of freedom, and there is no time to explore or discuss things in that setting if one were present.

Those who know me, know what I think. Seems a better plan to get to know more people in a neighborly fashion and I'm working hard at that.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

vonu

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
We have "hundreds of pledged FSW Members, dozens of whom
have already moved to Wyoming
."  You can quote me on that.   :)

Sorry not to be more exact, but this will have to do.

~W~
Boston

It could be my cyberignorance, but how does one become a FSW member? I haven't come across the conditions, etc.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 09:36:58 PM »
The process for becoming an FSW Member is also even easier, as it's now done
totally online through our forum in this thread.

HOW TO BECOME AN FSW MEMBER:
1)  Register on the forum, post at least 10 times, then get on this thread http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?topic=5283.msg38992#msg38992  and compose a new message.

2)  In the message body, copy/paste the below FSW Statement of Intent text:

I solemnly pledge that I am able and willing to join the Free State Wyoming and its effort to populate Wyoming with individuals of demonstrably ethical character who ? forsaking fraud, theft and aggression ? desire to peaceably co-exist as reasonable neighbors for the goals of political liberty, free trade, and voluntary cooperation.

By hereby joining the Free State Wyoming, I either:

declare that I have already established bona fide voting residency in Wyoming,

or solemnly pledge my best effort to legally establish such no later than seven years from today.

3)  Below that type in:

So pledged on (date) in (state).

You are not required to post your name or any other personal information.
(In fact, you may deem it prudent keeping such information private, and that's fine.)

Your "I'm a new FSWer!" post made, admin staff will upgrade your forum status to
either FSW Member In Wyoming or FSW Member, Wyoming Bound as appropriate.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

vonu

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 08:26:03 AM »
The process for becoming an FSW Member is also even easier, as it's now done
totally online through our forum in this thread.

HOW TO BECOME AN FSW MEMBER:
1)  Register on the forum, post at least 10 times, then get on this thread http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?topic=5283.msg38992#msg38992  and compose a new message.

2)  In the message body, copy/paste the below FSW Statement of Intent text:

I solemnly pledge that I am able and willing to join the Free State Wyoming and its effort to populate Wyoming with individuals of demonstrably ethical character who ? forsaking fraud, theft and aggression ? desire to peaceably co-exist as reasonable neighbors for the goals of political liberty, free trade, and voluntary cooperation.

By hereby joining the Free State Wyoming, I either:

declare that I have already established bona fide voting residency in Wyoming,

or solemnly pledge my best effort to legally establish such no later than seven years from today.

3)  Below that type in:

So pledged on (date) in (state).

You are not required to post your name or any other personal information.
(In fact, you may deem it prudent keeping such information private, and that's fine.)

Your "I'm a new FSWer!" post made, admin staff will upgrade your forum status to
either FSW Member In Wyoming or FSW Member, Wyoming Bound as appropriate.

I think this was my first post, so I guess I'll just wait and watch.
For what it's worth, I'm had domicile in Wyoming since 1994 by vehicle registration.
Voter registration is pending the ability to do so without a street address, which my vehicular home can't provide. Until there's someone besides republicrats and demopublicans to vote for, registration is academic.