Author Topic: New FSW friend here...  (Read 4364 times)

vonu

Re: New FSW friend here...
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »
Before there was smog in Denver, there was a constant dust cloud, going back as far as there are observers who recorded their observations. If you go out on the praire far enough to be unable to see the smog over Denver and the lights from anything except stars are night, you will find air which is as pristine as it ever was, according to human senses.
The smog now extends from almost Pueblo to almost Cheyenne. It is merely an indication that more people value a comfortable lifestyle over a less-polluted outdoor environment, something which should be clearly understood by someone studied in Austrian economics.
Most of the population is driven by perverse incentives rather than thoughful contemplation.

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »
Welcome Peregrin!
I was just in WY this last weekend for an Appleseed shoot.
The Free State Wyoming folks I met up there where "da bomb".
Really, just wonderful people. If not for a wife I love down here in CA I wouldn't have gone back.
I'm just guessing here but I think from your posts that you  would fit in rather well.

vonu

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »
Hello all!  My name is Renee.  I'm 35, married, with three children (homeschooled).  I grew up in Fort Collins, Colorado but have lived in Michigan for the past 14 years.  I would love to move to either Wyoming or New Hampshire (the "other" free state ;) ), but can't at present, so I have to be a Free State Friend rather than a member (for now).  I'm looking forward to talking with other westerners (I still consider myself one) about such beautiful things as liberty and self-sufficiency.  Cheers!

Did you happen to meet Mary Margaret Glennie while you were still in Fort Collins?

Offline 308shooter

• Reader
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 10:18:33 AM »
where in michigan are you?we're currently in the north western UP

Offline Peregrin

• Reader
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 11:04:38 AM »
Did you happen to meet Mary Margaret Glennie while you were still in Fort Collins?

Nope.  I was in high school in the late 80s, and extremely ignorant of politics/freedom in general.  Never even heard of her until you mentioned her.

where in michigan are you?

Belleville--about halfway between Ann Arbor and Detroit.  I think I'd prefer to live in the UP.... ;D