Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Howshallwethenlive?

• Reader
Hello
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »
was introduced to this site by a friend of mine who stumbled on it. while looking through the different blogs really i dont know that there are any question's that i could ask, that havent already been answered. ive thought about getting a camper and hittin the road myself since it would be cheaper and faster, my friend on the other hand decided to start driving trucks so i dont see him that often he wants to move and actully have land and a homestead when he gets there. i dont mind where i live, as long as im able to find a place to park and a place to work, course im looking at some campers now havent acuired one yet, and before i'd leave i'd like to kill my bills here. which would be pretty easy, course i'd like to rig up the camper with some solar panels and so forth. just hope i can find one big enough for me, i dont mean huge, i dont care about how much living space, i mean im 6'3 so i dont want to duck down all the time. i'll have to check around on craigs list and some other places. but i hope it dont tae too long, i can pay the car off hopefully by mid 09 by doubling my payments. course the thing is. its not a 4 wheel drive its just a honda, front wheel drive. i know you guys are probably gonna advise me to get a truck. my friend has as well. i see the point seeing as i think you get much more snow than we do here. (we havent gotten any for like 2 yrs??? I like snow, i want more of it) well i'll just have to do some more reading through these blogs and see what advice i can find.

Justin

25 (in 4 days anyway... anyone wanna buy my a camper for my bday???)
male ofcourse just if anyone wanted to know

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:25:35 PM »
Welcome, Justin - and happy birthday!!

Yes, buy a truck for the camper.

Plan to visit Wyoming soon!  PM if you'd like to visit MamaLiberty. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline peopleforget

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »
Welcome! My wife and I are tossing around a similar idea for a quicker and more efficient move and temporary (until we can afford better) living quarters. It also has the great advantage of mobility and is just plain fun! I live in KY and you really do need a truck for a camper even here…especially if you’re off of the straight and wide roads. That will likely go double in some parts of Wyoming from what I’ve read. I look forward to seeing you in Wyoming when we get to Wyoming!

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:38:05 AM »
You'll be real happy here if you like snow. I live for my skiing.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »
Howdy Justin, glad you found us. Spread the word !
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

• Reader
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
oh yeah word is spreading guy at work wants to as well but he's trying to convince his lady about it. ive always been single nothing holding me here really, so its a good time ya know? honestly i didnt know it was such a popular idea, emailed a lady i used to work with, her husbands big on hunting and i would almost bet jeremy may even bring his family with him when he goes. theyre mountain folks, best people i ever met in my life honestly. im sure they would do just fine if they moved, they live pretty simple, and im getting there. course there are no women around here who want to do that. want too many things, drives me nuts.

Offline peopleforget

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »
course there are no women around here who want to do that. want too many things, drives me nuts.

That's why when you find one (like I was blessed with) you snatch her up and marry her if she'll have you. I did and I have never been happier! She doesn't like jewelry and all of that...all she wanted for her birthday was a M1A and a Glock. Now that's a woman!

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
She doesn't like jewelry and all of that...all she wanted for her birthday was a M1A and a Glock. Now that's a woman!
[/quote]

Not a cheap date by any definition...but great choices...as long as the Glock caliber was .40 or larger  8)

MANUMIT
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

• Reader
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
aw man wow. where did you meet that one??? yeah i got a terrible problem around women i get really nervous, if you were to ask why, i'd probably just respond by saying, why is the grass green??  just is ya know (actually my friend at work said the grass is green because the sun is yellow and the sky is blue and that bleaches the grass green hahahaha) but really oh well. what can i do ya know. i guess i'll get over it eventually. still it would be easier if there were more women like that around, just got me pistol permit  ::) ... and i was looking at Glocks at the greensboro gun show the other week alas i was too poor, but i did get 1000 rounds of 7.62x39fmj for my rifle, i named her Marge she's a chinese sks.. keeps me warm at night  ;D just a regular stock but thats classy

Offline peopleforget

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:48:23 PM »
She doesn't like jewelry and all of that...all she wanted for her birthday was a M1A and a Glock. Now that's a woman!

Not a cheap date by any definition...but great choices...as long as the Glock caliber was .40 or larger  8)

MANUMIT
[/quote]

Yeah, not cheap but I get to play with the toys! It would look funny if she liked jewelery and I tried that junk on...*shiver* When I got the M1A, she named it 'Precious' and I started to get jealous. We both have a good time at college while looking at all of the crap people buy or wear and how they think they have it made. They don't realize that their laptop or that $1200 diamond necklace means nothing when SHTF. Even on a college budget, we can still afford our freedom...

I have a Glock 35 in .40 and she likes that, but she decided that she would rather have a 9mm for concealed carry. We were going to get her a Glock 27 but she liked the Springfield XD Subcompact a little better (to each their own I guess).

Offline peopleforget

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »
aw man wow. where did you meet that one??? yeah i got a terrible problem around women i get really nervous, if you were to ask why, i'd probably just respond by saying, why is the grass green??  just is ya know (actually my friend at work said the grass is green because the sun is yellow and the sky is blue and that bleaches the grass green hahahaha) but really oh well. what can i do ya know. i guess i'll get over it eventually. still it would be easier if there were more women like that around, just got me pistol permit  ::) ... and i was looking at Glocks at the greensboro gun show the other week alas i was too poor, but i did get 1000 rounds of 7.62x39fmj for my rifle, i named her Marge she's a chinese sks.. keeps me warm at night  ;D just a regular stock but thats classy
I was fortunate, blessed, or both. You will do fine. Just remember that some things are worth fighting for, and some things are worth waiting for. The trick is to know when to sieze the opportunity and when to wait. Don't be in a hurry and you will look back and see it was well worth the wait or the fight. My wife and I just corssed paths and found that they seemed to be intertwined. Maybe you haven't crossed the right path yet...but you will...stay ready and above all else...don't do something stupid. It would sure suck to be caught at a weak moment when the time is right...don't wanna mess that up...no.

Also, if it were easy and freely available, everyone would do it...and the easy women and men...use logical idea completion here ;) You don't want any part of that!

What kind of Glock are you looking for? Do you have a battle rifle or any other proper rifle yet? I love my AK, but she loves shorter distances...to really reach out and touch someone, you need a good rifle. In this person's opinion, I would save for that before getting a handgun...but I am far from an expert! At the very least, get a good Mosin Nagant for about $89-99. They're tremendous fun to shoot and can REALLY reach out and touch someone. Good for a first rifle on a budget! We destroyed an engine block with some Bulgarian heavy ball at about 50 yards...that's some good stuff!!!

• Reader
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
yeah i was wanting a 40. or 45. i came really close to getting a smith & wesson, but my friends said smith & wesson have better revolvers. was looking at some taurus's as well. oh well  i'll get a pistol in a few weeks maybe, besides uncle owns the only gun pawn shop in the city, i Might can get a deal even though we're not all that close. on the topic of SHTF. yeah its coming. i keep thinking, man how much time do i have to get ready ya know. everyone just thinks im crazy. so i shut my mouth. few people do believe me but well im sure you all know how it feels, when everyone else has faith in the gov and the system and we dont. over half the people i worked with had never heard of Ron Paul, the only reason i say over half the people dont know, is because i didnt get to talk to everyone. well im sure this whole things been discussed by plenty of others here, even so. i need to get off and finish my book, terrible starting something and taking forever to read it, im a slow reader. i keep getting the urge to watch God's and General's just because ive been reading biographies and such. well suppose i'll get back to reading.

• Reader
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 02:11:24 PM »
and as for a rifle, i do have the sks with a 20 and 30 round clip, and i actually saw some russian m44's up in greensboro thought about getting one, they were beautiful.

Offline peopleforget

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »
and as for a rifle, i do have the sks with a 20 and 30 round clip, and i actually saw some russian m44's up in greensboro thought about getting one, they were beautiful.
The SKS is more of a carbine than a rifle. It shoots an intermediate round that, while reasonably effective at shorter ranges, doesn't have the stopping power, penetration, etc. necessary for longer range shots. I own a great post war M44 and it shoots very well. I also have a wartime 91/30 and I like it better even if the trigger sucks. If you're set on getting a handgun before a good rifle, both the .40 and .45 are good calibers. Have you shot them to see which you prefer? That will matter more than anything. If you like those calibers, I suggest checking into a .357 sig as well. I like both but I love the .357 sig round. If you really want some good and reliable help with this matter, I point you in the direction of some experts here at FSW and other places. I can tell you all about my experience, but they have far more. Seek them out! Good luck and keep in touch!