Author Topic: Wyoming and its challenges  (Read 23168 times)

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Wyoming and its challenges
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2008, 12:22:44 PM »
 Duncan, would you please get the f@#$ off our forum? Would you prefer tar and feathers. Your attitude sucks! Just leave.   

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »
The guv doesn't like you people and niether deos the WY Homeland Gestapo.

Just a thought... if we are all so pointless, useless, incompetent and hopeless - I wonder why the governor, HS or anyone else would even know we exist, let alone not "like" us.

And, I strap on my gun every day. I never leave home without it and work endlessly to convince others to do the same. I don't look for trouble, but I would never run away from it either.

We are well aware of the problems. We have no desire to "take over" or control any lives but our own. We have no illusions about "utopia" either.

Go away, duncan.  You obviously do not have anything positive to contribute here.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »
Duncan, you are allegedly a proponent of freedom
(and thus private property), yet you continue to
trespass here after I politely asked you not to post any further.

Good luck with remaining on whatever forums will still have you.

Boston

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
"Wyoming sucks, and if it doesn't it will in ____ years!"

OK folks, now that you've seen a full-blown troll in action,
it'll be obvious what not to feed the next time . . . especially
after I've explicitly asked it not to post. 

Criticism is welcome, but let's not facilitate outright bitching.

Boston

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 03:54:14 PM »
OK folks, now that you've seen a full-blown troll in action,
it'll be obvious what not to feed the next time . . . especially
after I've explicitly asked it not to post.

Criticism is welcome, but let's not facilitate outright bitching.

But we get so few here, we never get to play....

OK, seriously, I was trying (mostly) to be constructive, and maybe get through to him.  I know it's futile, but sometimes I can't help but try.  But more importantly, he's representative of a certain strain of libertarianism that is unfortunately quite common.  I was hoping a discussion of that would be somewhat productive, though I guess it's best if such a discussion is not with that.

I'll put my bag of breadcrumbs away now and stop feeding him, though I assume he's banned by now anyway.
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline biathlon

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
OK Boss, duct tape instead of tar and feathers.

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »
 :-X >:D :-X ;)

I just can't help but laugh a jokers like D, Boston.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.
 :) ~W~

Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline Pumpkihn

• Rather Interested
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »
Ok, well, now that that's all over I feel a little torn.  On one hand I like forums where someone can say whatever they really feel and it won't be censored or lead to banishment.  However, it's nice that things can be regulated to actual meaningful conversation.  I don't know which I like better.

Offline biathlon

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »
We don't need the distraction of morons like d keeping us from the inspired effort. Some people just don't understand the difference between a contrived and directed endeavor and what happens when you inspire folks to greatness. Self reliance!

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 07:45:10 AM »
There is also the little matter of attracting what we concentrate on. If you look in the mirror each time and see only a hopeless, defeated person - doesn't it seem logical that your thinking will be bent that way and you will BECOME a hopelessly defeated person, ineffective at building anything positive in life? If you consistently tell yourself you "can't" do something (even something you say you want very much), why would you even try it?

Or - if you look at yourself and concentrate on the positive things (not denying the problems, just not dwelling on them), isn't it logical that you will gravitate toward making that positive the reality in your life?

I think this duncan dwells on the negative in all his thoughts and actions. Is it any surprise that it is the negative he mostly finds in that life?
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2008, 08:36:31 AM »
Or - if you look at yourself and concentrate on the positive things (not denying the problems, just not dwelling on them), isn't it logical that you will gravitate toward making that positive the reality in your life?

Yes.  Prepare for the worst, expect the best.  The preparation allows you to not have to focus on it. 
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2008, 08:43:04 AM »
Well said B, ML and K.

If there's going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, I prefer it be on positive dreams for the future.  Think positive, be positive and positive outcomes will become the norm.

Onward and upward.

Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline M1A4ME

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 08:53:35 AM »
I just read all this for the first time today and I think:

Duncan had more "fun" that all the rest of you put together.

Duncan probably didn't learn anything from it though, hopefully others did.

Duncan and my youngest brother are two peas in a pod, neither has really accomplished anything noteworthy but that's okay because it's somebody else's fault - it's always somebody else's fault.

Places change.  If you live there during the change you may not be as aware of it as someone who used to live there, moved away for a spell and then moved back.  Like my mom said about my dad one time, he spent 23 years in the Air Force so he could retire and go home.  Problem was, when he got home it wasn't home anymore.  It's a long story, but it's true.  Everything changes, not always for the best.

At least it sounds like you folks have the opportunity to find many of the negative changes that have occurred elsewhere.

Ain't it a shame that all those folks from somewhere else move in, buy up the property (driving the property value up - but driving the quality of living free down) and then want to make their new county, city, state just like the one they left?

Duncan will never be happy, neither will his friends, unless they begin to understand how much better off they are than Duncan.

Have a good one.
Lots of good info here  http://appleseedproject.blogspot.com/

Here's some more  http://the-rifleman.blogspot.com/

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »
I'm happy as a lark and I was challenged to come here on a lark to prove that you guys hate having your oxes gored. There is nothing liberty minded about being a control freak.  

Duncan was not here to help, he was here on a dare to see if he could get us stirred up. He has a great time doing so wherever he shows up.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Pumpkihn

• Rather Interested
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2008, 12:01:13 PM »
Ain't it a shame that all those folks from somewhere else move in, buy up the property (driving the property value up - but driving the quality of living free down) and then want to make their new county, city, state just like the one they left?

This seems to be a problem everywhere.  It is hard to understand.