Author Topic: Another Reason Wyoming is for me....little worry of having to see 'Saggers'  (Read 5465 times)

Offline NorthGunner

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Hi Everyone,

I got to thinking about it and I realized that another reason that Wyoming appeals to both Libertymom and me is that the chance of having to see some young moron in public with his pants lower than his 'whitey-tighties' would be next to nil.  Both Wyoming's climate and it's culture (except for possibly Cheyenne or Jackson) predicate against it.  A municipality in Florida got fed up with it (baggy-saggies) and made a law against it (reminds me of what Boston talked about in ML, the difference between customs and laws). 

Here's what happened where that law was applied:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26759466/from/ET/?gt1=43001 Judge rules saggy pants law unconstitutional

I think shunning/ostracism would have been the way to go but they apparently had enough with a widespread problem.

Yours In Liberty! ~W~
Steve Kristmann aka Northgunner

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline bobcat

• FSW Rifleman
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way
Re: Another Reason Wyoming is for me....little worry of having to see 'Saggers'
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:51:30 AM »
 :D ;D ;D

Yet another reason to LOVE cold weather.  Sorta thins out the morons, one way or t'other.   Style and practicality are often mutually exclusive.

Picture this:  One of these kids with decorator boxers and droopy drawers splitting firewood.   :DWaaaaaaaaahaaa, ha, ha, ha...  Another mutually exclusive event...
Bobcat  

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin
"Citizenship is not a spectator sport"  -K Denninger

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:56:02 AM »
Unfortunatly, we have lots of "baggies" here in Laramie on the UW campus. On the better side, all the new freshman co-eds also use their loans to buy all the slutty clothing they are forbidden to wear in high school. The weather and the "scenery" here have been just fabulous! I nearly wrecked my service van last week.

Offline NorthGunner

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:15:40 AM »
Morning Bobcat & Biathlon,

Picture this:  One of these kids with decorator boxers and droopy drawers splitting firewood.   :DWaaaaaaaaahaaa, ha, ha, ha...  Another mutually exclusive event...

Poetic justice would be if he struck a knot or burl and it came loose....talk about "letting the chips land where they will"  >:D

On the better side, all the new freshman co-eds also use their loans to buy all the slutty clothing they are forbidden to wear in high school. The weather and the "scenery" here have been just fabulous! I nearly wrecked my service van last week.

Well...that's 'one way' to wrack up the truck (watch the African adventure film Hatari! starring John Wayne and see what happens when 'Pockets' drives the visiting lady photographer out on the job...talk about 'road hazard,lol!) ;D >:D
If you ever manage to 'ding it' just say that it was a case of 'Antie Lopes' that just showed up in front of you...if you're really lucky the responding officer will be too busy also doing a 'visual wildlife survey' and not watching what's being written down,lol ::) >:D

Yours In Liberty! ~W~
Steve Kristmann aka Northgunner
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 09:25:19 AM »
Well, I think the judge was right, and that shunning and ostracism are the only defensible way to deal with this kind of thing.

On a lighter note, here's a video revealing one of the hazards to law enforcement from this fashion trend taken waaaay too far.  Warning, some people may find this offensive - no nudity or graphic content, but still.... well you'll see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mlch97EQDA&eurl=http://failblog.org/vote/page/2/
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline SafetyFactor

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »
Well, I think the judge was right, and that shunning and ostracism are the only defensible way to deal with this kind of thing.

On a lighter note, here's a video revealing one of the hazards to law enforcement from this fashion trend taken waaaay too far.  Warning, some people may find this offensive - no nudity or graphic content, but still.... well you'll see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mlch97EQDA&eurl=http://failblog.org/vote/page/2/

The 'weapon' discovery in the video was funny, but now WHY were the 'public servants' faces blurred, instead of the citizens?
Todays headlines and other distractions brought to you by the makers of the New World Order- Creators of problems and their solutions since 1913. - SafetyFactor

Offline gabby

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 05:40:33 PM »
Easy now Norm, some of  >:D those girls might be packing!  A disease that is!!
Enlisted men are stupid, but very cunning and deceitful, and bear considerable watching.

Offline Paul W. Allen

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »
 ;D The true beauty of raising kids in Wyo is that we can still raise them. Personally, if my child tried that stunt, it would just mean that they had less cushion between bottom and belt. Just an observation, Paul.
True freedom is only found through self reliance.

Offline freedomunrestricted

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Growing up in the Rock Springs/ Green river area I haven't seen any short supply of morons running around with their pants halfway to their knees.  But on a side note regardless of if I agree with a fashon statement or not I don't think there should ever be any  law that decides how someone should wear their clothes as long as there isn't any nudity involved.

Offline peopleforget

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
Easy now Norm, some of  >:D those girls might be packing!  A disease that is!!

Just one?! You guys must really be lucky in Wyoming! What an improvement!

Offline archy

• FReeper profile at Free Republic.com
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I got to thinking about it and I realized that another reason that Wyoming appeals to both Libertymom and me is that the chance of having to see some young moron in public with his pants lower than his 'whitey-tighties' would be next to nil. 

I reckon I agree with you, though I've got to admit I never gave it much thought. The term *sagger* has always had another meaning entirely for me.

I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. After I realized he had no use for his shoes, I took them, and then I felt much better about myself.

Offline HardwareHank

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 05:56:19 PM »
Therein hang the horns of the dilemna.

People move to Wyoming cause they want to "get away" from something or the other... but doesn't take long until enough folks move in that they begin to sprout those very things they thought they were leaving behind. Maybe the spores were carried in on their beach towels.. who knows. It ain't just Wyoming... look at Phoenix... people flocked to the dry, clean air to relieve their allergies...then they planted all the grass and trees that they "missed". So now... Phoenix is muggy and pollen infested... Just like back home.

Cheyenne, Rock Springs, Rawlins, Gillette, Casper and Jackson are all prime examples.

Wyoming's persona is incompatible with high employment and mass population influx. The best example I see is the fella who moves in from the "outside" and first thing he buys is a roll of fence and a slew of "Posted. Keep Out" signs... Or the ever-popular sport of the young, single oil-patch workers... chasing Pronghorn across the prairie with their brand-new 4WD pick-em-up trucks while they toss Bud cans out of the window.

"If'n George Washington was alive today... he'd buy two things... a rifle and a roadmap to Washington DC"

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
Maybe so, Hank, but I think most of those yahoos go away after the first few good snowfalls and sub-zero nights.  >:D
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.