Author Topic: WY versus MT  (Read 8865 times)

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
Re: WY versus MT
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 07:37:59 AM »
MT is very attractive to liberals.
So far the locals have managed to keep them down, but how long before the Hollywood set uses thier money to try and change things for the 'better'?
Remeber, Colorado used to be a nice place.
Any place with lots of amenities and entertianment will be a magnet for the effette crowd.

WY on the other had has a smaller population and the new commers that it's job growth attracts are energy workers. A much different class of folks than the latte drinkers.

Have you met any FSW people? Plan on a little trip to a get together. That would clinch the deal. Community.

Offline DT

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 07:13:04 PM »
My fiance and I were actually looking at Montana until he got "Molon Labe."

We were originally supporters of the FSP for New Hampshire, but never felt like moving to New Hampshire was feasible to furthering the cause for liberty, given the liberals leaving Massachusetts for New Hampshire in droves.

Now that we know we'll have plenty of like-minded people out west, Wyoming is the way to go for us now.  :)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 05:10:51 AM »
Welcome! Read as much as you can here, but don't be afraid to ask questions. Hope you can come meet some of us in June.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline DT

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
We would love to!

...and I love your blog, Mama.  :)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 05:19:48 AM »
Oh my, which one? :) I'm frightfully behind keeping up with my FSW blog and really must get to it. Have been writing a book for the last few months, but that's no excuse.

Visit http://www.sunnimaravillosa.com/ - more complex freedom writings from a number of folks.
And, of course, http://www.thepriceofliberty.org for more of my stuff. I don't write a lot either of those places, but I do have some archives there. http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/editor.htm
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline DT

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »
I've read a few of your writings on priceofliberty.

:)

I've enjoyed them muchly thus far.

Offline Sapper6

• Casual Observer
    • Survival360
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 05:26:55 AM »
There will likely be some unexpected complexities and adversities associated with secession.  Our tyrranical government will not sit idly by and allow that to happen.  If one state secedes, another will follow, then another, and so on. 

I have spent the past eleven years in the Marine Corps studying strategy and warfighting application.  A state simply does not have the means to kinetically resist the federal government.  A resistance (and I am not attempting to incite one) would be most effective in the form of systems disruption.  With that said, a secession would do nothing but bring the full force of the federal government to bear. 

Resistance would bear more fruit than secession if a people were so inclined. 

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

Survival360.net
"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."  -Old Martial Arts Maxim
http://Survival360.net

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 10:06:51 PM »
I voted ID, WY, MT, then some other western states.  I have long known that Montanans are basically very proliberty and antigovernment.  Being from the Seattle area, I have known quite a few folks from out there.  They always struck me as the most proliberty folks around--even more than New Hampsha folk.
nhliberty.org Learn how to affect legislation to make your own state freer.

Offline socalserf

• FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 01:19:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum Sapper6.

I do believe you are right. Quite non compliance is the ticket.

Where ever you land it would be wise to prepare, our government is massively over extended.