Author Topic: Looking to move to WY around 2012  (Read 2030 times)

adambomb

Looking to move to WY around 2012
« on: February 03, 2009, 09:30:27 PM »
Hello all,

I've already posted a couple times, figured I might as well get some sort of introduction out of the way at some point.  I'm currently working on my Phd in Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State, where I'm also super-involved with the SAE formula car www.sae.stuorg.iastate.edu/formula (6th year on the team, just starting my third term as Technical Director).  It's nice to see a lot of other techies here.

I'm also a Field Artillery 1st Lieutenant in the IA National Guard, I have over 10 years total service time, including 4 years active army and a 6 month "vacation" to Bosnia.  Somehow I haven't been "lucky" enough to go to the desert yet.  I've been much happier with the guard than active duty.

I should be done with school around Jan. 2012, and have really been looking seriously about moving to Wyoming.  When I was younger I decided I wanted to live in the mountains (got Ft. Carson, CO in my first enlistment contract), and loved my time in Colorado (outside of the cities at least), so all else aside the country out there looks like what I want.  So assuming the 2012 doomsday prophecies (including NASA's predictions of solar storms knocking out power grids), or any other sort of national emergencies don't change my plans, I'm Wyoming bound in 2012.

I'm planning on heading out there for a vacation in June, hopefully will get to meet some of you folks in person there.  I may even get a couple friends to come along!

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Looking to move to WY around 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:58:47 PM »
Be sure to schedule a stop at the June get together .
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 05:57:10 AM »
I spent some time in the "Green Machine" too. Look us up when ya get here.

Offline Blakejoh

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:35 PM »
I'm also a Field Artillery 1st Lieutenant in the IA National Guard...

Hello and welcome, from a former 13F (ETS 1978).
He who conquers must vanquish; he who defends must merely survive.