Author Topic: Two Years and Counting  (Read 2192 times)

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Two Years and Counting
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »
Today marks exactly two years since I moved to the great state of Wyoming! Wow, two years already?

I still remember the night I arrived in Beulah and several FSW members helped me unload my trailer and get me unpacked.
Many thanks.

It hasn't always been easy living here near Devil's Tower. It's very remote and becomes an all day event just to go into a big town. The 10 miles of dirt road are difficult when it rains or snows, and I have to plow my own 2 miles of private road in the winter.

On the other hand, it's terribly peaceful, and nobody bothers me! There's no zoning, no land use regulations, no CC&Rs, no building permits, and no inspections (except for the septic system). I can do what I want. I have a good network of friends, mainly FSW folks. Priceless.

There might be a few things I would have changed along the way, but coming to Wyoming is not one of them. It's been a great adventure, one that I will continue to relish in the years to come. I'm so glad I took that first step in coming here, then the second, the third,  . . . . and before long I was here!

For those of you still considering coming here, may you act boldly and go with gusto toward your dream!

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Sharon Claire

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
Re: Two Years and Counting
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:05:42 PM »
You should be very proud.  Sounds like a good place to own a hardy mule or two  ;)

Reading people's postings about how life has been since their move really brings out the pioneer spirit in me.

Thanks for stirring up the gusto in us, Mac.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 11:59:19 AM »
Mac, I'm delighted that it's worked out so well for you!
You're an inspiration to many, and a real FSW "Poster Child".   :)
Thanks for joining us out here!

~W~
Boston

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »
Congratulations to you Mac, and to all the Wyoming Free State pioneers.

I mo' be there, yet.