Author Topic: Warm Greetings  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Endyr

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Warm Greetings
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »
Hello to All,
  My excellent Wyoming Native friend showed me this site and I was happy to register.  My Wife and I are preparing to make the big move to the Cowboy State in a few months, and it will be a considerable pleasure to see "The People's Republik of Illinois" in the rear view mirror for the last time.  There is no more a confounding place of corruption and low character that I have found in my 46 years on this planet.  But enough of the bad.  My Wife and I are excited beyond words to be coming out.  We could be described as staunchly conservative, steeped in the second amendment, and possessing a no compromise old-school work ethic. We're committed to the principles of the Founding Fathers, and have been accused of being too "Jeffersonian"...as if that is a bad thing. Our bags do not contain, nor are they made from carpet.  We bring with us our dedication to personal accountability and responsibility, our commitment to protect ourselves from all enemies, and to do everything possible to extend that to our friends and family as well.  On the lighter side, we have some hobbies that line up nicely with our position.  I am an Amateur Radio geek, having a particular interest in regional HF digital communication.  I am also an addicted ammo reloader with a never-ending thirst to load that next round.  My Wife and I have a considerable amount of trigger time and it takes not a second thought to pack up and head out to the range for a shoot.  We both love camping and have recently graduated to a nice travel trailer that is pulled behind a 1 ton diesel, it's upkeep and performance also being a hobby of sorts. The allure is almost too much to withstand, as we have looked at a number of areas to explore in the natural beauty of Wyoming.  Yes, we are convinced that there is a better way of life to be had in this great state, and we are going to do our utmost to immerse ourselves in the lifestyle it promises.  We're not going to Wyoming so much as we just figured out where home is.

on the square,
Endyr

Offline DarkSide

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Re: Warm Greetings
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
Glad to see you Endyr, told ya you'd like it.  And you're welcome.  Now git yerself on out here.

DS

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »
Howdy Endyr, glad to have you with us.
Thanks for spreading the word Darkside.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Bigduane

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »
Endyr: Welcome, we have several hams on the forum. My name is Duane and my callsign is kf4eLj.
 Bigduane
Why am I not in Wyoming Already? Because I have been lazy for years. I am coming to visit in 2010. To live forever in 2012. Look out Wyoming!!

Offline Bigduane

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
Welcome Darkside as well.
 Bigduane
Why am I not in Wyoming Already? Because I have been lazy for years. I am coming to visit in 2010. To live forever in 2012. Look out Wyoming!!

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »
Yes Welcome to the board from another refugee from Illinoistan.....

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline judithevans

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Hubby and i are interested in networking.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »
Welcome from Fremont County too!!! we are one of the gateways to the tetons and yellowstone, lovely place at least some times, LOL.

Offline DarkSide

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 08:30:13 AM »
Howdy Endyr,
Saw your SofI - way to go!

DS

Offline Seniortech

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 09:03:08 AM »
Welcome Endyr, glad to have another ham on board.  Hope y'all can make it to the June 19 campout.
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
A. Einstein