Author Topic: You Know You Are In Wyoming When...  (Read 37191 times)

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Re: You Know You Are In Wyoming When...
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »
Manumit - Wyoming has to have the most capable and smartest dogs in the world. I've watched flatbed farm trucks zipping down the highway at 75mph with two dogs scampering around on the back, in the wind, around corners, etc. For sure, I couldn't hang on on the back of a flatbed without 'hanging on' to something, and these dogs do it without hands!!!!!
Smart dogs!!!
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline craigercj

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 05:14:41 PM »
"...ammo (when in-stock) is sold at the local hardware/grocery store."

How bout..

.. you buy your reloading supplies at the local liquor/smoke shop/outdoor/gun/reloading store.

Or..

.. The commercial for the downtown liquor store mentions their larger selection of smokeless powder and primers..

Offline Barry Turner

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »
Actual ad in the Buyer's Guide:

"ATF, Alcohol Tobacco Firearms, they regulate it, we sell it at Dry Creek Country Store.  (307)762-9210, Thursday-Saturday.  10AM-6PM."

BTW, 762 is Burlington
A lie can travel halfway round cyberspace while the truth is logging into its blog.  BT

Offline Brandy

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Submissive in totality to one only.
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »
..you butcher 2 antelope, 2 deer, and 3 elk, and it is an event geared towards the entire family.

...you go to a town hall meeting about 2 bad cops and people get up to speak and say what they really feel instead of being PC.

....you notice that all the branches on your trees tend to face the same way.

Brandy ~W~
Veritas numquam perit - Truth never perishes!

Offline elk

• Needs To Get Out More
  • We never had to take any of it seriously, did we?
    • Downrange TV
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »
....you notice that all the branches on your trees tend to face the same way.

That cracked me up!  Thank you.
Trading privacy for security is stupid enough; not getting any actual security in the bargain is even stupider.  ~ Bruce Schneier of Cryptogram fame (www.schneier.com)

Remember always that the only thing they required of us was our moral sanction. You lost when you accepted their moral code.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Social Type
    • nhliberty.org
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 04:01:22 PM »
I've only been through Wyoming (with a couple of stops), but this brings back some nostalgic times.
nhliberty.org Learn how to affect legislation to make your own state freer.

Offline baldeagle

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »
the posted speed limit is 65, you are driving 80 and vehicles are passing you

Offline LibertyJunkie

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 08:44:46 PM »
you see a tractor going through the drive thru.

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »
The interstate has a permanently installed sign that says "When flashing, go back where you came from".

Your freeway exit and entrance aren't ramps, but right turns.

You leave the gas station - after filling up - and wonder if you have enough gas to get to the next town.

You see a sign that says "congested area ahead" and think you're coming up to a town, but when you get there you find it is just a mine entrance.

The gravel road on the way to Rich's ranch has more intersections than Main Street in town does.

You come up to a traffic light and are disoriented for a moment until you remember what red and green mean.
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »
When it snows October 1st!
(more pix here http://www.stinkfight.com/2009/09/30/first-snow/ )

Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 08:29:09 AM »
Fur Shur, Michael, it is a little 'late' this year!
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline walterc

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 08:42:47 AM »
Big Ugly, I've been thinking it was a little late this year.  I was still picking tomatoes on Monday.

The place where you don't need drivers Ed to get a drivers license, but you do need Hunters Ed to get a hunting license.
To survive, the antelope needs to run faster than the fastest leopard. . .to eat, the leopard has to run faster than the slowest antelope. . .but whether you're an antelope or a leopard, when the sun comes up, you better hit the ground running.

Offline kunkmiester

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 02:10:16 PM »
You know one thing I've noticed?  I'm curious if it's universal, because I've never seen a dirt/gravel road I can drive 40 MPH on before.  I've mostly seen gravel roads, and I'd stay down towards 20 or so, due to the surface, and the noise from rocks and stuff bouncing around inside the wheel wells.  But here, I can get up to 40 or so without trouble.  They're smooth--not as many potholes or big rocks and stuff.

I've lived in New Mexico and Missouri, and the roads I know you can't drive that fast.
Evil is evil, no matter how small.

Thermonuclear weapons make me happy!

Offline FSW Forum Administrator

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »
40 on the gravel road? Heck that is what we slow down to to glass a big buck muley way off yonder.  ;)

You know one thing I've noticed?  I'm curious if it's universal, because I've never seen a dirt/gravel road I can drive 40 MPH on before.  I've mostly seen gravel roads, and I'd stay down towards 20 or so, due to the surface, and the noise from rocks and stuff bouncing around inside the wheel wells.  But here, I can get up to 40 or so without trouble.  They're smooth--not as many potholes or big rocks and stuff.

I've lived in New Mexico and Missouri, and the roads I know you can't drive that fast.
Thanks,
The Management

Offline marciab

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 11:21:51 PM »
I drive slow on country roads around here to give the deer a better chance at hitting me.  It has only happened once to me, but several times to others around here.