Author Topic: Bugout Scenario - Survival in Wyoming  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Stormchaser

• Rather Interested
Re: Bugout Scenario - Survival in Wyoming
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »
Working at UPS out there is NOT an option. Sorry, I forgot how 'old' I am. The job I have now is relatively easy, sorting packages. If I transfered, I would be loading/unloading trucks, and I can tell you that is a younger man's job. Been there - done that - not again!

Besides, the scenario for this thread was for a quick bugout, not a planned move. No, I will take my retirement, however long it lasts in the new economy, and my new(er) internet business, and move the way I want to, barring a total meltdown in the next 3-6 months. So this thread was more about a quick, forced move, not a planned one.

In a somewhat different vein, my 'hobbit' RV would not suffice for an extended living arrangement, since it is essentially an enclosed bedroom with an outside galley. Much as I like it, I might very well opt for a larger-sized RV, esp. if I choose the 'snowbird' lifestyle and 'giddyup' down to Texas or AZ for the winters. On the other hand, was just looking at Thermopolis' climate and it looks fairly decent year-round, if I understood that correctly.

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Bugout Scenario - Survival in Wyoming
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
The key for bugging out soon will be for you to learn to enjoy winter. All the ski areas hire soon and most have lodging too. You might want to begin learning another vocation that will be valuable in a cashless economy. Leather smithing, bee keeping, bicycle mechanic, be creative and start researching now. Winter can be the most fun you've ever had if you approach it right.