Author Topic: Coming for a visit! 9/3-9/6  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Jeffersonian

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
Coming for a visit! 9/3-9/6
« on: August 21, 2009, 03:08:37 PM »
Hi everyone!

I couldn't think of any better board to put this on, but if there is, please feel free to move it. I'm already a FSW member living in Arizona, though temporarily living on Colorado for the summer to teach. Anyway, the wife and I have several days off over the labor day weekend, and along with the proximity to Wyoming, I convinced her to take a trip up there to check things out. We'll be staying in Casper on the 3rd, but heading up to stay in Gillette for the 3 days following that. We plan to look around the entire area as much as possible, including parts of South Dakota (she's more interested in SD than I am). The main purpose for the visit is just to get an idea of what the area feels like, and looks like, kind of as a scouting trip for moving there.

I was hoping for some suggestions on what specific areas to check out. Of course, I'm most interested in finding a place pretty far out from any town, but especially from a small city, and from the interstate. Meeting FSW members would be a bonus, for sure.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Coming for a visit! 9/3-9/6
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
Darn, I won't be here at all then! Hope to meet you next trip.

I'm sure others will give you their take, but do look around the Devil's Tower and Hulett area. Gillette is exactly what you say you don't want, so no joy there. Lots of good areas in Weston County. Check out Four Corners between Newcastle and Sundance. Off the beaten path, but close enough so you can go to town once in a while if you need to. :) Your wife might like it better than something more remote.

SD has more "laws," more taxes and lots of other problems for freedom seekers. Good luck!
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
Labor Day weekend I will be running an appleseed in Douglas. 40 miles south of Casper. Stop by and check us out.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline biathlon

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »
I may be in Douglas too. Come and shoot with us. ;D

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:15:58 AM »
Be sure to roam around Crook County and Weston County.  See Devils Tower in Crook, and the village of Hulett.

Enjoy........  Watch for an abundance of turkeys and other critters...

Regards, Danl ~W~
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:05:12 AM by Danl »
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:10:53 AM »
Sally and I will be in Casper starting on the third.  PM me if you'd like to try to get together for lunch or something.
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/