Author Topic: Hello! Do I belong here?  (Read 30629 times)

Offline anarchir

• Reader
  • Antifa, Anarcho, Capitalist, Tread-Upon
Re: Hello! Do I belong here?
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2009, 12:19:06 AM »
You guys like beer too? YAY! ;D
Whoever they vote for, we are ungovernable.
Midwest Liberty Fest

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2009, 01:41:32 AM »
Well, Duh!
And some of us even make our own (or plan to start doing it again).

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms ...
for some - a Federal Agency,
for others - a convenience store,
for the rest - a way of life!
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2009, 05:29:37 AM »

This thread's for you!

Beer we like.
http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=5415.0

Offline LibertyJunkie

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:11 AM »

What Guys dont like beer?

Offline clemmac

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2009, 08:03:01 AM »
There ARE a few of us who prefer a "wee dram" of good bourbon  :o  And yes, I am a guy, maybe an old guy, but ........  ;D

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »

Ermmm... **raises hand**

I never got the taste for it.  Back in high school, I skipped beer and went straight to Jack Daniels. Beer always made me gag and puke, but wine and hard liquor were never a problem - except for gin, I can't keep that down either.  So my high school days were a blur of JD, vodka, and Mad Dog 20/20. Used to sneak out to the farmer's field next to the school during study hall.  Even brought screwdrivers to class in an OJ carton. Still got to the top 5% of my class, 4.6/5 GPA.  That tells you how dumbed down public education was even 30 years ago. :D 

I pretty much stopped right after high school, when I got a full-time job.  So I blame public school for driving me to drink.

Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline LibertyJunkie

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2009, 08:52:23 AM »
There ARE a few of us who prefer a "wee dram" of good bourbon  :o  And yes, I am a guy, maybe an old guy, but ........  ;D

Ermmm... **raises hand**

I never got the taste for it.  Back in high school, I skipped beer and went straight to Jack Daniels. Beer always made me gag and puke, but wine and hard liquor were never a problem - except for gin, I can't keep that down either.  So my high school days were a blur of JD, vodka, and Mad Dog 20/20. Used to sneak out to the farmer's field next to the school during study hall.  Even brought screwdrivers to class in an OJ carton. Still got to the top 5% of my class, 4.6/5 GPA.  That tells you how dumbed down public education was even 30 years ago. :D 

I pretty much stopped right after high school, when I got a full-time job.  So I blame public school for driving me to drink.

oh....well....ummmm... there are always exceptions!

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »
O.K. Clemmac - wee point of correction here!!!!!!
Scotch come in 'wee drams'.
As in, "a wee dram for the pipes - and a wee dram for the piper".

in Celtic, whisky is called "uisge beatha"—the water of life

In truth, Scotch Whisky should be Scot's Whisky - note the subtle bastardization of the true name.

And, Yes, I do drink fine single malt, carry a sword, and wear a kilt -but not on the motorcycle!
There are some places that should never be impacted with 80 mph bugs, especially bees and wasps!!!

Oh, and Clemmac, anytime you're in the neighborhood, stop in ... I've got a few different kinds for your appreciative sampling skills.
Clean them,<br />Load them,<br />Keep them near at hand.<br />Remember Capt. Parker.<br /><br />\\\"Les hommes sages n\\\'ont pas besoin conseil. Idiots ne le prendront pas.\\\"

Offline clemmac

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2009, 04:23:39 PM »
Big Ugly,

Maybe you'll forgive me this one time, my grandfather immigrated from Scotland so I'm 1/4 Scot.  There are still "Ilravie's" in the old country.  I do appreciate single malt too, but decent bourbon is more available in Gillette and there isn't a good selection of single malt.  My kids sometimes bring some from Minnesota when they visit  ;D

Thanks for the invite  ~W~ ~W~

Clem MacIlravie
Scotsdown, Wyoming

Offline jubal

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Marksmans Box
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »

I don't turn anything thats alcohol down unless its tastes like kerosene if its free. I'm a friendly drunk. :) ;)
"
When planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".
 Thomas Paine

Offline Big Ugly

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »
O.K. Clemmac, How about we pass a resolution, here and now, that (on occasion) GOOD bourbon can be refered to by the dram (or is it drachm). Oh, lookie lookie, "Dram is also used informally to mean a small amount of liquid, especially Scotch whisky", however, we still stand resolved, yes?
Your heritage does not surprise me at all - Wyoming is just crawling (esp after an evening of drachming) with Scots - even a lot the people moving here are of Scots descent.

What has always astounded me, here in Lander, the place with the best selection of the better Scot's Whiskys is the gas station!!!
Go Figure?

I'l bring a bit when next I'm out your way.

Offline clemmac

« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »

How about we pass a resolution, here and now, that (on occasion) GOOD bourbon can be refered to by the dram (or is it drachm). Oh, lookie lookie, "Dram is also used informally to mean a small amount of liquid, especially Scotch whisky", however, we still stand resolved, yes?

Agreed.

What has always astounded me, here in Lander, the place with the best selection of the better Scot's Whiskys is the gas station!!!

Just good folks in a good town  :D

I'l bring a bit when next I'm out your way.

I'll look forward to to it  ;D ;D

Offline thebaron

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2009, 08:25:01 AM »
Just saying hi...

Offline Tornos

• Social Type
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »

Offline socalserf

• FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor