Author Topic: Cheyene  (Read 7110 times)

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
Re: Cheyene
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
Are the Colorado residents in the Cheyenne area really greenies?  I can understand keeping the outdoors, clean & decent, good fuel economy, and reusing not refusing stuff, but come on.  How bad are they?  I'm from urbana, IL

>:(

The problem wiht most greenies is not how they live.
The issues is that they want to force everyone else to do as they do, and have no problem using government power to make it happen. At gun point if needed.
It's not about the enviroment, it's about freedom.

Offline Warren Kruse

• Social Type
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »
The issues is that they want to force everyone else to do as they do, and have no problem using government power to make it happen. At gun point if needed.

Interestingly enough, plenty (maybe even most) of native born wyominites have this exact same problem!!

Offline jubal

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Marksmans Box
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »

Colorado greenies means the color of their license plates not their environmental leanings. I don't know of any town called Jasper in Wyo. There is a town of about 60,000 called Casper in the center of the State ??? ??? ;)

UMMmm...........I don't think I'm confused. But only by those who know me.  :-\ :-\
"
When planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary".
 Thomas Paine

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 10:26:23 PM »
If there are too many "bleeding heart liberals" in Wyoming for you, even in Cheyenne, there's no hope for you.  :)

People not in Cheyenne tend to be a bit scornful of Cheyenne (it's natural, Cheyenne being the seat of coercion, er, I mean, government); but in reality the statists are pretty evenly spread through the state. Freedom lovers as well.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »
Yep the "Colorado Greenies" reference has to do with the color of the colorado license plates. A small part of Wyoming culture is to identify people by their plates. Even within the state you can tell what county someone is from by the first number on the plate.  :)

Did a search for surgical tech jobs in Wyoming and came up with several sites. Here is an example.

http://www.getsurgicaltechjobs.com/state/surgical-tech-jobs-Wyoming.html
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Warren Kruse

• Social Type
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »
A curmudgeon friend here in thermop (county 15, the second least populated county) goes to Lusk (Niobrara, county 14, THE least populated county in WYO) to get his plates.  He has no residency there, and he says there is no law that you must get plates from the county you live in.  Considering he is 70+ years old, grew up in WYO, I've seen his truck plates with mine own two green eyes, and he knows the accurate skinny on the crap official proceedings behind the scenes before it goes public....I believe him and have no reason to question his assertment.

just sayin'

Offline InfidelGorilla

• Casual Observer
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 11:01:43 AM »
My family and I live in Cheyenne and have found that there are many freedom loving and like minded folks here.  We are refugee's from the People's Republic of Colorado and have been here since 03.  Eventually we see ourselves moving deeper into the state but for now Cheyenne is working well for us.

Offline bristlehead

• Reader
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 08:36:45 AM »
Jvt,

are cheyenne-ites greenies?  Ya mean tree hugger types i'm guessing.  I've been here 32 years and there are some of those here.. but judging by all the pick-up trucks and SUV's on the streets of cheyenne, I would say no.  I don't even know too many who bother to recycle, though there are collection bins around town. 

As far as liberal politics goes, a democrat in this town is a whole 'nother animal then a democrat on either coast.  Not that I agree with democrats, period, but frankly the RINO's are no better.  You'll find strong conservative and border-line libertarian leanings on the local AM650 KGAB.  But I would not say those views are a majority view here. 

Rent is getting steep here: $400 for one bedroom dives, $500 - $600 for 2 bedrooms, $800 and up for 3 bedrooms.  Lots of houses to rent that haven't sold yet.  These are usually 800 to 1500 depending on size, location, amenities.  Mobile homes to rent are available and cheaper, (usually $500 to $800, lot rent included) but usually on the south side of cheyenne.  the south side is our poorer neighborhood, but frankly I like most of the folks better on the south side.  It's run-down and low-brow, but also helpful, friendly, and cheaper. My brother-in-law owns and manages a mobile home park, if you're interested, lemme know here and we'll figure out a way to meet.

Offline Crappiewy

• FSW Associate
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 12:01:26 AM »
What is wrong with the South Side? ;D
I like it but am really itching to move north. Way north.
There are many low paying jobs in Cheyenne but few well paying jobs unless you work for the goverment. A good 50% of the population is either Lawyers or work for Lawyers. It is not a bad place to live but they are inching towards any other liberal city in ways such as citing you for an extra car parked in front of your house or wanting to charge more taxes. The recent cell phone while driving ban is a prime example,
Wyoming is pretty much a bring your own Job place.