Author Topic: FSW on Facebook  (Read 2213 times)

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
FSW on Facebook
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »
There's a Facebook group for the Free State Wyoming.  It's got 87 members, of whom I recognize only 3 names.  It's been pretty dormant, so I just posted the following there:

Hey, everybody, the Free State Wyoming is still very active. There's new movers and prospective movers getting in touch all the time. The FSW forum is hopping.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/

You have to register to see the bulk of the activity, but there's no commitment required to join the forum. Come on over and introduce yourself, new people are always welcome.

Times are getting tough, and worse times are coming. Wyoming already has a lot of the freedoms that liberty lovers are looking for, but you can help to make it even better. If you live or have family in the west, its centrally located, and close - but not too close - to Denver, Salt Lake City, and some smallish cities in Montana and South Dakota, depending on what part of the state you're interested in. If you're from "back east" and New Hampshire is not for you, its the kind of West you've always dreamed of. It's got more wide open space than you can imagine - until you see it for yourself.

The Facebook link is at:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2436901774

I encourage people here who are on Facebook to go over there as well and start some activity, it could be a good way to reach some new people, and to get back in touch with some of those who have drifted away, maybe because they think nothing is going on anymore.
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

adambomb

Re: FSW on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
Cool deal, never even bothered to look for that group!  Although I have been somewhat paranoid about what I put on Facebook...sort of been giving that a lot of thought lately.  For a bit I tried just cleansing my profile of anything "radical" appearing...then realized how fruitless that was when I still had "radical" discussions with my friends. 

Not only that, but I have opened up several of my friends' eyes because of stuff posted on there...it has proven itself effective in that.  I've given it a lot of thought, and my current opinion is that at the current time, things are not quite desperate enough that we have to "hide in a hole" about our beliefs.  The risk of being under scrutiny looks to be outweighed by the possibility of getting more people to see things in a different light, for me, right now at least.  Not only that, but I get to have some interesting discussions with some of my very liberal friends.  I've taught them some things, they've taught me some things.

Besides, why should we marginalize ourselves?  The louder our voice, the less of a minority we are!

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:48:15 PM »
Adam, I think you're right on that.  Staying that far under the radar is pretty much an all-or-nothing proposition.  The people you might want to hide from are going to be on to you unless you are ruthlessly guarding of your privacy at all times. Doing it halfway means the worst of both worlds, you're still known to the bad guys, but unknown to the people you want to reach. For me, the cat was out of the bag long, long ago, so for better or worse, my "radical" opinions and activities are basically all public now.
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline FreedomFighter101

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »
I joined that group a long time ago, been a while since i've been there though..