Author Topic: Yet another newbie...  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Sisyphus

• Mover and Shaker
Yet another newbie...
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:41 AM »
Hello all!

I'm currently working overseas but will be up in WY soon—I've reserved some slots for DirtTime 2010 and hope to see you all there or at the get together that's slated to follow.
How did I find you? It started while looking at FSNH (in the midst of my initial Libertarian awakening) but I decided I just couldn't tolerate the proximity to Mass and the statist horde so firmly ensconced therein and thereabouts. While on their site, I stumbled across Boston speaking and the links to FSW and I immediately realized that I just might have found my tribe (not that YOU were lost). Holy cats, says I. I had found the author of the Gun Bible—and he was recruiting!

I see Wyoming, as an astutely chosen, strategic—politically and otherwise--point from which to begin (again! ::)) freedom's ways and, should we find each other “to be a fit” in June, I'll be happy to settle in and lend a hand to the furtherance of it's cause. For me, this move is not an escape (okay, perhaps something of a "prudent retrograde") but the a feeling of being drawn—a powerful magnetization--to like-minded folks and common purpose. I'm neither tired, poor nor huddled but I am yearning to breathe free—which will eventually prove an impossible undertaking in the singular. Not to mention (but I will anyway) that high-fiving oneself, is  I couldn't be happier to have found you all and the promise you represent. Having said that, I must add that until I've experienced Wyoming, up close and personal, I'll not make a commitment. While I 'm just shy of giddy at the prospect of FSW, I must experience you in person before making a final decision. For me, to commit prematurely would be imprudent--not to mention your prerogative: I might not be a fit for you. After all, we must work together to live freely apart.

Other stuff:
I'm single, 40 and from a large family, raised with Christian values. I enjoy long walks on...ahem.. I joined the military at 17 and dabbled in and out of the Navy and Army until 2004 when I left Iraq, the Army (and encroaching insanity) and started to awaken to the realities of this world—especially our end of it in the US. Oddly, one has a lot of time to reflect (in between being shot at) to consider such things. Having read and enjoyed so many of your posts, it's something with which many of you seem to understand all too well. So much, so very well said, has endeared many of you to me already.
I'm still in Iraq but as a civilian keeping the comms up. Less insanity, more pay--but with the single regret of how and from whom it's earned—the next wrong I intend to right on my road to beginning anew.
 I haven't lived in the US since 1999 and have spent much of my adult life outside of it. I'm looking forward to returning and exploring the country a bit before settling down—anymore, it seems like a foreign country (to you too, no doubt). I have quite a lot on my “to do” list: Gunsite, A WFR course and some others but I look forward to meeting you in June and to joining in the forum's conversations until then.

All the very best to each of you,

Be blessed and well,

Respectfully yours.

Mark
Forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive
the nonsense of those who think they talk sense.
~Robert Frost~

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Yet another newbie...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »
Welcome, welcome!!! How wonderful to hear from you. :) We're eager to meet you too - see you in June!

In the meantime, I write letters and emails to several of our brothers and sisters there in the various crazy zones. I'd love to write to you too! Just send me a PM with a postal address or an email address.

And yeah, we think Boston is pretty neat too. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 02:42:40 PM »
Mark,
That was a great intro! Glad to hear from you and to hear of your views. Sounds like a great plan to come out to DT10 and meet us.
In the meanwhile, stay safe.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
Welcome to FSW Mark ! Glad you found us.
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline socalserf

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman RWVA Instructor
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »
Hello Mark and welcome to the forum.

Stay safe over there and come home to Wyoming whole.

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 12:18:41 AM »
Welcome!

MWD
Anti-war, pro-gun.