Prospective Free State Wyoming (FSW) Members and Interested Parties > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Why does the FSW ask for a $25 donation to join?

(1/3) > >>

Boston:
Primarily for two reasons:

1) Membership in the FSW has value, as many people have volunteered their time and energy in creating an organization to showcase Wyoming and assist like-minded folks to relocate there.  (If we're not worth the $25, then why even bother joining the FSW?)  As libertarians, we believe in an exchange of values.  (We also believe that the one-time $25 donation is a bargain!)  And even though none of us is salaried, the FSW does have its basic expenses to cover, and the $25 helps to "keep the lights on."

2) Anybody can merely fill out a form and lick a stamp.  The FSW, however, is seeking those who will do just a bit more than that.  We want you to perceive value in us, and, conversely, we want to perceive value in you.  $25 is not much money, but it is enough to weed out 95% of the tire-kickers and time-wasters out there.  It's a "cover charge" to keep the quality of our membership high.  FSW Members put their money where their mouth is!

Boston T. Party

_______________21 October 2007 UPDATE:

The $25 fee has been abolished. 
Also, FSW membership is now done only online.
Please read the below for more details.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?topic=5283.msg38992#msg38992

Boston

John:
This is what the FSP should have done.  It would have solved 90% of the inactive "paper members", who are unreachable, unknown, and didn't vote in the state vote.

Boston:

--- Quote ---This is what the FSP should have done.  It would have solved 90% of the inactive "paper members", who are unreachable, unknown, and didn't vote in the state vote.
--- End quote ---
What are you, a mind reader?   ;)

Blaineus:
Out of curiousity -

If I become an Associate member now, and later have the means to become a full member in Wyoming in the correct time frame, will the one unsigned document count?  OR would I just send in a new, signed one, with the fee being tranferred?  Or what?   ;)

~Blaine

Boston:
Blaineus, good question.
I think I also answered it elsewhere, but should
reiterate such here, too.

The $25 fee as Associate would also work for anybody
upgrading to Member with a signed SofI.  No second fee necessary!

We're not in this for the dough, and the $25 is more of a formality
than anything else.

Boston

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version