Author Topic: Introducing Myself.  (Read 11115 times)

Offline Athanasius

• Casual Observer
Re: Introducing Myself.
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 08:14:11 AM »
Been looking at Crook County, though I've come to the realization that it doesn't really matter where in the state I start out, since I can always move later- what matters is getting that state residence.
"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy upon me, a sinner."

Offline Crappiewy

• FSW Associate
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 08:24:47 AM »
Crook county is really nice. Possibly the prettiest place in Wyoming. I have a place there too. The only problem is that it is either for people who are retired or who can bring their own jobs. Many people who live their work in either gillette or Rapid city. It can be a bear to go to work sometimes during the winter...

Offline Damien

• Reader
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
My wife and I are looking at the Sheridan area...Dayton, Big Horn, Rancherton would all be good. Of course, we are also open to the possibility of any other area that works for us in WY!

Offline msschill

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 10:16:57 AM »
To add to Athanasius and Damien: Thank you for your service. As an Army vet myself (didn't spend any time in the sandbox due to being the unit armorer... seemed like a good idea at the time) My buddies that were/are there repeat the same belief. Its not for freedom of the Afghan/Iraqi people or their right for them to vote, but for the guy in the seat next to you or rucking in front and behind you, for the scouts that just saved your butt with their forward advance info and the techies that paved the way with the drones above. They all tell me that the brother hood is what is freshest in their minds.  Do what you NEED to do. Pay strict attention to what your duty is and the safety of others around you. Don't be too proud to start and finish your day with prayer.

I am soon on my way to Wyoming, was going to finish school but... life is sometimes too short, time is flying by to be where you are not meant to be. So I am high tailing it out of Arkansas to be where I need to be. 

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »
I am soon on my way to Wyoming, was going to finish school but... life is sometimes too short, time is flying by to be where you are not meant to be. So I am high tailing it out of Arkansas to be where I need to be. 

Amen! I'm looking forward to meeting you, and having you as my neighbors! :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline msschill

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »
Mama Liberty if your not a motivational speaker then you have missed your calling!! My wife (Proverbs) tells me your going to trade bread recipes? She just made some killer home made sticky buns, Oh man, and with some breyers vanilla... ;D :o She's bringing the recipe in June!

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 04:43:58 AM »
Mama Liberty if your not a motivational speaker then you have missed your calling!! My wife (Proverbs) tells me your going to trade bread recipes? She just made some killer home made sticky buns, Oh man, and with some breyers vanilla... ;D :o She's bringing the recipe in June!

Thanks! :) Done a lot of speaking in my career, but at least motivated my two sons quite a bit. LOL

I hope everyone will bring recipes to exchange. We've been collecting our favorites and original recipes for quite a while, trying to come up with enough of them to publish a small cookbook of our own. The more cooks we have, the better the chances that can really happen. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.