Prospective Free State Wyoming (FSW) Members and Interested Parties > Prospective Free State Wyoming (FSW) Members and Interested Parties

Wow, the forums are alive and well...

(1/9) > >>

mattdeminico:
I've been browsing around for a while, didn't get around to registering until just now.  I was looking on the main site (the main www.freestatewyoming.org site) and it looks like the group is dead from that page (last event is like 2007, last update is around 2008?)

But obviously the forums are alive and kicking...  I'm wondering... I'm a person who believes "If one state gave the Federal Government a big middle finger and said 'anything outside Article 1 Section 8 is void within our borders', I'd move there in a second", I have a feeling that there are a ton of other people out there just like me (I happen upon them by chance without even looking, trust me, they're out there).  But they come across the main website and think "oh, that must not be going on anymore, I guess I shouldn't bother..."

That being said, is there any interest in putting together a group of five or ten folks from on here to pre-write some blog updates for the main page?  Basically, my thought is if a page has a weekly update, people will come back once a week or so to check on it.  If you have daily updates but don't keep up on them, people stop coming...  So I say shoot for a weekly update, if we pre-write 30 or 40 posts, and then add in additional "events" posts as new things happen throughout the year, we've got a whole year covered.

I'm thinking just stuff like stories about your daily life, trips, photo journals of trips, possibly a good video about Wyoming, etc...  And then events Could be anything, a picnic, a Tea Party, whatever...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'd be willing to help out, though I'm currently living in an area that has 10 times the population in just the Detroit Metro area, as Wyoming has in the entire state.  Heck, the population of what would be my congressional district if I were "allowed" to run (asinine Hatch Act, not getting into it here...) is about the same as the population of the entire state of Wyoming... I love it!!

Honestly, I'd love to see this happen... my thought is all this Federal Government BS would end right quick if one state just stood up and said that anything outside Article 1 Section 8 is null and void, and that the citizens of that state are not going to pay for any part of those programs.  The president wouldn't have the balls to send in the military, and even if he tried, no military commander is going to obey that order to invade another state to enforce blatantly unconstitutional federal laws.  If they did, then we'd know just what kind of problem we have on our hands, in that a group of people are no longer allowed to choose to live free...  But that worst case is incredibly unlikely to happen regardless.

Jack-O:
It's a lot easier to follow in the footsteps of others than to make your own isnt it?

manfromnevada:
Matt,
What you describe is a long continuing problem. It's been suggested over and over and over. Nothing ever gets done. We don't have anyone dedicated to maintaining it. It just kinda goes and goes. Everybody (?) agrees it would be beneficial to keep it updated, but nothing happens.

As you said, our forum is quite active.

Mac

wyomiles:
Howdy Matt, glad you found the real action here at the forum.

mattdeminico:

--- Quote from: Jack-O on May 20, 2010, 08:53:01 AM ---It's a lot easier to follow in the footsteps of others than to make your own isnt it?

--- End quote ---

Not sure how I'm supposed to take that reply... but...

Anyhow, I'd be willing to head it up, I've done it for my own personal business, for others businesses, and for election campaigns for friends of mine, though I don't have a whole lot of the content myself, having never even visited Wyoming to this point yet.  I don't care *where* freedom happens (though I'm preferenced towards the west), I just want to make it happen.

I don't even know how many people we have active, but seriously, five people could easily put together a few stories, photo journals, or blog posts, and I could organize them on the front page, just post-date them, so they show up automatically for months to come.  Over those months, the same (or other) people can write more stories, find more videos that were already produced, whatever, and we'd add those to the blog post-dated as well.  There would be like 30 posts on the blog, but they wouldn't show up to the public until the date they're scheduled to be published.

Like I said, I could organize it, it wouldn't take a whole lot of time once the content is there, and I could probably find some content myself.  It wouldn't have to be Wyoming specific, it could be like this great video I just saw on PJTV today by Bill Whittle, absolutely incredible: http://www.pjtv.com/v/3608

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version