Author Topic: camp grounds in wyoming?????  (Read 2009 times)

Offline K-9

camp grounds in wyoming?????
« on: July 09, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »
well my intro was in the wrong section!!so i will try again..looking for the best camping spots i have a pickup camper and utility trailer   xtra water tank generator etc..regular campgrounds or BLM land???? any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated
"only the dead have seen the end of war"-plato

Offline Paul W. Allen

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Re: camp grounds in wyoming?????
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:41:28 PM »
I think you need to be a lil' more specific. Where exactly are you wanting to wind up? Every region in Wyoming has there own little sweet spots. You might want to be more specific. My list would include Horse Creek, Brookes Lake, Fiddlers Lake, Worthen Meadows, Atlantic City, West Ten Sleep, Clearwater Creek, and they would include all points of the compass and several hundred square miles.
True freedom is only found through self reliance.

Offline MANUMIT

• Needs To Get Out More
  • A Free-Market Individualist Family Man, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:05:18 AM »
You could go either way with your set-up....BLM/Forest Service minimal neighbors though no amenities (except in select spots and vary from pit toliets with no h2o to full service)...gotta move every 16 days in most regions.

Official private campgrounds will run from a couple hundred to $500 per month with full amenities including washer/dryer, showers, etc. depending on geographic locale, time of year and competition....can be year-round.

MANUMIT
"I bet you have much more in common with the average Iraqi shop keeper, than any of the politicians that represent you."--Silver Smith
"WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PATH, CHANGE DIRECTION"--Me

Offline Stormchaser

• Rather Interested
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:36:55 PM »
Ditto on the specifics. I just spent a month on the road, most of it camping in Wyoming and found some GREAT spots including BLM lands, private campgrounds, hidden campgrounds, etc.