Author Topic: Scraping the muck off your soul  (Read 31427 times)

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
Re: Scraping the muck off your soul
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
I echo those sentiments, Dodd.
Moving can seem daunting, but in retrospect it's not that big a deal.
Many of us can attest to that.
Make a plan for Wyoming, and just do it.
 ~W~
Boston

Offline Dodd

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Oath Keeper
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:10 PM »
I acknowledge that. I'm just speechless. Thank you.

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2011, 11:21:24 AM »
I am continually amazed at how intimidated people are about moving. It's not such a big thing - at least when the spouse is "on board" (that's really the hardest part). I've always looked at it as an adventure, and a way to get out of the rut that I (and everybody) always seem to get into.

I just have some loose ends, money to save, and some folks I don't know how to leave behind. They'll not move, and won't consider the fact that an economic crunch is happening to all of us. I need to at least help them get squared away, even if I have to do it for them, in order to be able to live with myself.

In the end, you need to take care of your immediate family, and trust others to take care of their own family in their own way. If they or you make wrong choices, especially when you all have traded information so the choices are informed, that is all that can reasonably be done, and there is nothing you need to do in the way of "living with yourself". Anyway the best teaching is by example. They certainly won't leave if you are not going to.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:28:48 AM by Paul Bonneau »
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline pedro wyomiing

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2011, 05:38:21 AM »
Seriously suggest you read the "frequently asked questions" here: http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?board=32.0

There are very few really small parcels of land available except city lots or in a few developments near towns. Most areas have a 35 acre minimum, and land is usually not less than about $2,000 an acre unless you are buying very large tracts of it.

Has anyone considered a co-op on a land purchase?

Over the last few months, i have been reading post after post about real estate inquiries.  Seems that there are several folks that are motivated to move here, but living arrangements and land purchases are the biggest obstacle.
I have 40K that i can put towards this if there is enough interest.

pW

Offline HCM2B

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
Ditto...I have some cash, and the typical mortgage lenders don't seem to agree that cash is "legal tender for all debts public and private".  I am desperately seeking acceptable land to purchase and build upon.  I have talked with a couple folks on this board, but am still trying to make headway.  I will know more in January, but otherwise would definitely entertain a co-op land purchase.
Solus Optimus Satis Est.

Σιωπή! Σκοτώνω του!

Offline Stratispho

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Google Voluntaryism
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2011, 09:03:19 AM »
at least when the spouse is "on board" (that's really the hardest part).

I've been fighting that part for 6 years now. Our two recurring arguments are moving to WY, and homeschooling the kids. We don't ever fight about money because it's pointless to fight about something we don't have. :)
I pledge allegiance to liberty and justice for all, and pledge perpetual opposition to the Republic of the United States, and to the control and tyranny for which it stands.