Author Topic: So, if I left tomorrow, where should I go?  (Read 5876 times)

Offline sunny225

• FSW Associate
Re: So, if I left tomorrow, where should I go?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 02:21:39 PM »
No "point" to my question. I'm just a curious person.
But I'll leave y'all to it. Too big of a thread drift.

Offline HerrDreyer

• Reader
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
The reason I was asking was to just get some general opinions on towns and cities, and to see where a lot of freedom loving FSW members may be around. I don't have the money to even make the trip, let alone sustain myself while looking for work or a place to stay. I'm really trying to hook up with some locals before I go, just to get some ideas. I'm really looking hard at coming this upcoming spring or summer, but I really have to make some money just to get there.

I'm only 20, I have no job, some college debt, not much, but this place is turning into a rat hole. Unemployment is awful, and there's 500 applicants for every minimum wage opening here... I feel so stupid for quitting work to go to school. Hopefully I can get a seasonal job at wally world this winter and save enough to start over in Wyo. The largest attraction is the low unemployment rate, and the decent job growth. Surprisingly Wyo looks good to be "out in nowhere" like I'm told.

The problem is the 2,000 miles I have to cross.

I was looking at Laramie, and Cheyenne. Both are very, very small towns in comparison to the nearest small cities here...

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 08:20:55 PM »
The reason I was asking was to just get some general opinions on towns and cities, and to see where a lot of freedom loving FSW members may be around. I don't have the money to even make the trip, let alone sustain myself while looking for work or a place to stay. I'm really trying to hook up with some locals before I go, just to get some ideas. I'm really looking hard at coming this upcoming spring or summer, but I really have to make some money just to get there.

I'm only 20, I have no job, some college debt, not much, but this place is turning into a rat hole. Unemployment is awful, and there's 500 applicants for every minimum wage opening here... I feel so stupid for quitting work to go to school. Hopefully I can get a seasonal job at wally world this winter and save enough to start over in Wyo. The largest attraction is the low unemployment rate, and the decent job growth. Surprisingly Wyo looks good to be "out in nowhere" like I'm told.

I was looking at Laramie, and Cheyenne. Both are very, very small towns in comparison to the nearest small cities here...

If you do get on at wally world, keep your nose clean and transfer up here. Plenty of locations to choose from here. Laramie, Cheyenne, Casper, Sheridan, Riverton, others as well.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 10:38:35 PM »
Hopefully I can get a seasonal job at wally world this winter and save enough to start over in Wyo.

Reverse this and get the seasonal job in Wyoming.

You're 20. A 2,000 mile road trip is called an adventure.

That's 20 words and maybe 20 too many. I can't tell whether this
thread is a joke or not.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 04:32:40 AM »
Good luck, whatever you decide to do. Just remember that it's only "impossible" if you make up your mind that it is.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline HerrDreyer

• Reader
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 11:34:10 PM »
Hopefully I can get a seasonal job at wally world this winter and save enough to start over in Wyo.

Reverse this and get the seasonal job in Wyoming.

You're 20. A 2,000 mile road trip is called an adventure.

That's 20 words and maybe 20 too many. I can't tell whether this
thread is a joke or not.

Terence

No, it's no joke...I'm not trollin' or anything. I've been considering this for awhile. I get advice everytime to just pack up and leave, but it's much easier said then done. I don't even have gas money to drive to college half the time! LOL!

I've moved around a lot as a kid, it's a tough thing to keep moving to new places. Leaving the world as you know it behind, having to break social anxiety and meet new people. Hardest of all for me, finding a job and paying the rent. It's tough...I don't think I'm up for it 2,000 miles from home right now.

Offline Stratispho

• Google Voluntaryism
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
Dang, If I was 20 and single with no job.... Pack up what you can your car, sell the rest and get a move on. You've got nothing holding you back except you. Wait til you get a gf or wife and a couple kids and a house, then you'll know how easy it would have been to pick up and move when you didn't have those things.

I see jobs quite often or have people email me listings but everyone wants a person to person interview. You'll have a very hard time finding a job in WY if you're not in WY.
I pledge allegiance to liberty and justice for all, and pledge perpetual opposition to the Republic of the United States, and to the control and tyranny for which it stands.

Offline J-B-T Jager

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »
herrdreyer whats your 20,
Quote "the constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper" george w. bush, Nov.5 2005, Capital Hill blue