Author Topic: Hello FSW  (Read 6120 times)

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Hello FSW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »
I don't "blame" anyone!
Any transaction between two mutually agreeable parties is obviously a plus for both.

If someone doesn't want the land subdivided and sold, then let THEM step up and buy it and then hold it!

Nope, no traffic light in Hulett, Sundance, Moorcroft, or any other place in Crook County.

I don't think that Hulett golf course will have any impact. From what I've heard the parcels around there aren't selling. Something about the water? Or lack thereof? Perhaps rhodges has some info.

Sometimes it's good to be in last place (last alphabetically and last population wise)! (Wyoming)

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 10:20:25 PM »
I don't think that Hulett golf course will have any impact. From what I've heard the parcels around there aren't selling. Something about the water? Or lack thereof? Perhaps rhodges has some info.
Six years ago, when we drove up to the airport, I probably saw two or three houses in that development.  I don't go up there very often, but my guess is that there are probably at least five or six and maybe as many as a dozen.  I am sure there are lots up there for many dozens of houses -- if there was demand for them.  I doubt that water is a problem there.  I believe that the golf course has irrigation, so there is probably a water system for the housing too.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline FDNYLiberty

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 11:03:04 PM »

Nope, no traffic light in Hulett, Sundance, Moorcroft, or any other place in Crook County.

Mac

Must be my mistake. Probably was a Four-way stop sign  ;D

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »
This may sound odd, but I don't know of any 4 way stop signs in Crook either!
There may be one off the beaten path, but the main roads thru Sundance, Moorcroft, and Hulett have no stops at all!

When I lived in Pahrump, NV, they were planning on putting in a 3rd traffic light. It was going to cost ONE MILLION for the light at the intersection of a well used boulevard and the main highway. ONE MILLION! Of course, it wasn't just for the light. They had to "improve" the intersection with proper drainage, shoulders, widened right of ways, cross walks, and lighting! They finally put up a "temporary" light costing hundreds of thousands and are still waiting, for 4 years now, for the permanent traffic lights.

Geez, I'm glad I live in Crook County!

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 10:22:19 AM »
Must be my mistake. Probably was a Four-way stop sign  ;D

There is a four way flashing light at the corner of Hwy 16 and Hwy 85 in Newcastle, and another flashing red light where 585 goes off 85 toward Sundance. Other than that, I can't think of any.

Some of those 4 way stops around, for sure, but few lights. Newcastle has one regular traffic light down town, but it's pretty silly. Not usually more than one or two cars there at any given time, and we seem to manage to negotiate the intersection just fine when the power is out.

I was thinking the other day about all the hysteria in some places about the "lines in the road." We don't see much of those lines once snow falls here and there aren't any on the county gravel roads, of course. Never noticed anybody missed them. :)

It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.