Author Topic: Why do you guys not have a facebook group?  (Read 10438 times)

Offline bluewaterMI

• Casual Observer
  • just listening to ideas
Why do you guys not have a facebook group?
« on: May 09, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »
Just a thought free marketing is sometimes best??
I support Ron Paul & Donald Trump in 2012

Offline Rich

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Cowboy Up, Or Go Sit in the Truck!
Re: Why do you guys not have a facebook group?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
Cause most of us don't like the policies or scrutiny of Facebook...

SemperFi
Richard
"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."  "Sec Def Rumsfeldt"

Offline FDNYLiberty

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »
Social networks have plusses and minuses. Unfortunately, there are many more minuses - like being monitored by the gooberment.

FDNYLiberty

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
Just a thought free marketing is sometimes best??

Free State Project (New Hampshire) has a Facebook page. Check 'em out.
Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »

FSW's Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2436901774

More here:
http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=8470.0

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline tenacio

• FSW Associate
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 06:48:49 PM »
Person A applies for a job at Company, Inc.  My wife wonders how Person A heard about the job opening.  She Googles Person A and sees a link to a Facebook page.  She navigates to that link and sees that one of her ‘friends’ is Person B, who just so happens to work at Company, Inc.

Very little effort on the part of an amateur sleuth, and she was able to ascertain, (or assume) that Person B directed Person A to apply at Company, Inc.  What struck me (like a thunderbolt) was that none of this was any of my business!  And it’s out there for all the world to see.
There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that which is lost by not trying.
- Sir Francis Bacon

Offline sbeckman

• FSW Associate
  • FFL Type 01
    • L&M Precision
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »
Social networks have plusses and minuses. Unfortunately, there are many more minuses - like being monitored by the gooberment.

FDNYLiberty

And we'd NEVER be monitored on a forum such as this.  ::)  ;D :o

No, I'm not cynical. Oh No.
www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
FFL Type 01

Offline bluewaterMI

• Casual Observer
  • just listening to ideas
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »
I am sure this is monitered much more here than facebook
I support Ron Paul & Donald Trump in 2012

Offline FDNYLiberty

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 09:19:18 PM »
[qoute] And we'd NEVER be monitored on a forum such as this.  ::)  ;D :o [/quote]

Maybe we are, and maybe we aren't.  We are pretty much "anonymous" on a blog such as this.  However, on social networks like Facebook, I beleive that (some) people can go a little overboard with some personal details that may better be left unsaid. And I think (not sure, maybe I read it somewhere) that Facebook stores the posted information forever.

Offline VFTR55

• Newblood in Alta
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 08:48:22 AM »
Who says facebook is "free market" advertising?
"Finance has become the modern mode of warfare. It is cheaper to seize land by foreclosure rather than armed occupation, and to obtain rights to mineral wealth and public infrastructure by hooking governments and economies on debt than by invading them."   - Michael Hudson

Offline sbeckman

• FSW Associate
  • FFL Type 01
    • L&M Precision
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »
[qoute] And we'd NEVER be monitored on a forum such as this.  ::)  ;D :o

Maybe we are, and maybe we aren't. 

We are pretty much "anonymous" on a blog such as this. 
Maybe, depending what you post, how you connect to the internet, etc.  How much effort is required to get your IP address and then tie that to something associated with you that you also access from the IP address?  Probably even .gov could manage that.

However, on social networks like Facebook, I believe that (some) people can go a little overboard with some personal details that may better be left unsaid.

Oh, I'll give you that.  Loss of privacy in just accessing the internet is bad enough, but these folks are just over the top in sharing things that are best left unsaid.
It already pisses me off the posting of group family photos that include me, without the least bit of consideration for whether I want my ugly mug spewed across the internet or not.

And I think (not sure, maybe I read it somewhere) that Facebook stores the posted information forever.

Everything is eternal on the internet, not just Facebook postings.
[/quote]
No, I'm not cynical. Oh No.
www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
FFL Type 01

Offline VFTR55

• Newblood in Alta
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02:53 PM »
Re: monitoring this forum vs facebook...

Do a Scr/G-oogle search query "fundamentalsoffreedom [your handle]" and the only results you might catch are where a 'parallel site' in the libertarian-type sphere has linked to here...

Facebook routinely monitors and deletes accounts where one tries to mask their identity...

spiders love FB. It hasn't been bought up hand over fist in the secondary markets by the big player banks for no reason...it's a consumer database. Simple as that. How to make better-targeted ads while you're reading about improving your golf swing or some sissy-boy pastime like that  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:04:40 PM by VFTR55 »
"Finance has become the modern mode of warfare. It is cheaper to seize land by foreclosure rather than armed occupation, and to obtain rights to mineral wealth and public infrastructure by hooking governments and economies on debt than by invading them."   - Michael Hudson

Offline Crappiewy

• FSW Associate
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 09:10:43 AM »
Re: monitoring this forum vs facebook...

Do a Scr/G-oogle search query "fundamentalsoffreedom [your handle]" and the only results you might catch are where a 'parallel site' in the libertarian-type sphere has linked to here...
Facebook routinely monitors and deletes accounts where one tries to mask their identity...

spiders love FB. It hasn't been bought up hand over fist in the secondary markets by the big player banks for no reason...it's a consumer database. Simple as that. How to make better-targeted ads while you're reading about improving your golf swing or some sissy-boy pastime like that  ;D

Not entirely true. Data from the first few sections does show up

Offline Dodd

• Oath Keeper
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
Facebook conspiracy: Data mining for the CIA...

http://www.examiner.com/canada-internet-in-canada/facebook-conspiracy-data-mining-for-the-cia