Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 7522 times)

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »
Well I"m glad I made both of you so happy. :) And I already have a start on what I'll probably end up writing since I had to write a paper for my political science class...I chose to write about the nature of government, i.e....that it is an evil and unnecessary institution and should be abolished. I'll probably use that as the basis for my essay/book on agorism. :)
"Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Here is my gpg key as of 05/27/2012

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9CB41A3E101B1CD3

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 02:45:23 PM »

Welcome, AgoristTeen,

How did you come to realize you were an Agorist?  Do any particular books, websites
or experiences stand out?

Terence

I came to realize I was an anarchist during Christmas Break of my Junior year at my local high school, when I did a lot of thinking....so about just after last Christmas. I didn't find a name for the specific type of anarchist I was reading about anarchism on Wikipedia and came across the term for the first time. I read the Wikipedia article on agorism and then I read  the book "Agorist Primer" by Samuel Edward Konkin III. Speaking of that, do you know of any good books aside from those by SEK3 about Agorism? I've most of Rothbard's work as well as Lysander Spooner, Benjamin Tucker, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon and Samuel Edward Konkin III...so aside from those authors any suggestions?

I appreciate your very specific and refreshing answer, AT.

Gosh, at 17 (Pre-internet) I was lucky to have Ayn Rand and Robert Ringer on my parents bookshelf to devour.
In a recent podcast Lew Rockwell brings up a suspicion that Murray Rothbard shared with him: That Libertarians
may be born, not made.  Without having to put Agorism in context (Especially here) your path brings
that notion to mind. However, your work in absorbing the authors you cite is laudable and inspiring.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
I appreciate your very specific and refreshing answer, AT.

Gosh, at 17 (Pre-internet) I was lucky to have Ayn Rand and Robert Ringer on my parents bookshelf to devour.
In a recent podcast Lew Rockwell brings up a suspicion that Murray Rothbard shared with him: That Libertarians
may be born, not made.  Without having to put Agorism in context (Especially here) your path brings
that notion to mind. However, your work in absorbing the authors you cite is laudable and inspiring.

Terence

Haha that actually makes sense, thought that might be because of what I know about the Myers-Briggs-Jung Personality type theory. I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but for the benefit of those who are reading this post that aren't I'll summarize it. Basically their are 4 temperaments with each temperament having 4 personality types. for 16 personality types total. David Keirsey referred to these four temperaments as the Rationals, the Idealists, the Artisians, and the Guardians. As the Myers-Briggs-Jung typology test groups people into the temperaments described by an acronym that represents 4 dichotomies. Those are Extroverted vs. Introverted (E vs. I) Sensing vs. Intuitive (S vs. N) Thinking vs. Feeling. (T vs. F) and Perceiving vs. Judging (P vs. J) I'm not going to go into the details on the differences between each dichotomy all I"m going to say is that two dichotomies combined make the temperament...when you add in the other two that represent the other person's personality then you have their personality type. There are , again the Rationals, or _NT_ the Guardians, or _S_J  the Artisians, or _S_P and the Idealists or _NF_   I myself am an INTJ or as David Keirsey called my kind the "Rational Masterminds" Now you may be wondering why this is important...it's quite simple you see Rationals, are the most independent of all of the temperaments with INTJ's and INTP's being the most independent of the Rationals. The Guardians on the other hand, are the least independent, they are your stereotypical conservatives, they are very traditional, to the point of it being, in my opinion, a fault, and they are very submissive to authority. The Artisans and Idealists are in between the Rationals and Guardians in Independence. My point, with this is that a great deal of psychologists who specialize in the Myers-Briggs-Jung typology lean toward the "Nature" side of things in the Nature vs. Nurture debate at least in regards to temperaments. In other words they believe that it is something you are born with. Thus it is quite possible that some people are born libertarians though there are going to be those who aren't and are still libertarians despite not being born that way.
"Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Here is my gpg key as of 05/27/2012

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9CB41A3E101B1CD3