Author Topic: Anyone want to start a podcast group?  (Read 11358 times)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Anyone want to start a podcast group?
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
Blogtalk radio will provide a slot for a 2 hour show per week, with call-in and chat features for $10. a month. This includes a website slot and archives of the programs.

I've been participating on one and it would seem to be an excellent way to promote liberty and even Wyoming. PM if you want to talk about it.

This is an example of the podcasts.

Brush Fires Of The Mind By SonsOfLibertyRiders  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sonsoflibertyriders
9PM EST Each Tuesday
Call in number to speak with the host (646) 478-3287
Many other worthy pod casts available, including archives of past broadcasts.

Here is the link to one that I was involved in. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sonsoflibertyriders/2012/02/15/brush-fires-of-the-mind
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Old Ironsights

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Malum Prohibitum, Malum Habenae Regum est
    • מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין
Re: Anyone want to start a podcast group?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »
Sounds interesting... more info?
Anarchy ungodly? See 1 Sam. 8

The desire to control the life of others is more evil than the desire to simply kill them.
The desire to control the life of others by proxy, through “voting”, is just as evil… but more cowardly.

מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Emmigrated To And Now Living In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 11:46:22 PM »
Blogtalk radio will provide a slot for a 2 hour show per week, with call-in and chat features for $10. a month. This includes a website slot and archives of the programs.

I've been participating on one and it would seem to be an excellent way to promote liberty and even Wyoming. PM if you want to talk about it.

This is an example of the podcasts.

Brush Fires Of The Mind By SonsOfLibertyRiders  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sonsoflibertyriders
9PM EST Each Tuesday
Call in number to speak with the host (646) 478-3287
Many other worthy pod casts available, including archives of past broadcasts.

Here is the link to one that I was involved in. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sonsoflibertyriders/2012/02/15/brush-fires-of-the-mind

I have had some very successful podcasts/radio shows.  I also have some high level equipment and I am moving to Wyoming before May.  I would be interested in working on such a project.

My show archives are here: 

The Rob McNealy Program (Libertarian/Politics) - http://www.robmcnealy.com/category/podcasts/robmcnealyprogram/
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id415818164

Startup Story Radio (Small Business) - http://www.robmcnealy.com/category/podcasts/startupstoryradio/  I got up to 50,000 downloads a month at the peak.
"If I cared for my life, I would have lost it long ago, trying to lose it, I find I cannot throw it away." -Bloody Bill Anderson

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:20:04 AM »
Great! We can set up a teleconference (most of us use Skype) with the gentleman who currently manages the Brush Fires podcast. Let me know if you are willing to talk with him and we can arrange something. I prefer email... but he likes to talk to people. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:57 AM »
Hey everyone I talked to MamaLiberty about this and she suggested that I make a post on this thread with a couple ideas I had. Here are the ideas I've come up with so far that could either be used as a segment of a show or potentially a show in themselves...though the first option would probably be better

1. I would be quite happy to do something involving helping, ahem, "older" libertarians/anarchists/lovers of liberty reach out to teenagers like myself...while I came to the went from "bleeding-heart liberalism" to neoconservatism, to libertarianism/minarchism to anarchism myself.....a lot of people need a little "nudge" in the right direction...while that won't work with some or possibly even most people...there are a few people who you can just give them a push in the right direction and they'll take the red pill and end up wanting to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes by themselves. Others of course, will need a LOT more than a nudge..and some you'll never be able to reach. But the focus of this area of discussion would be me, and hopefully a few like-minded friends of mine who are around my age, discussing how to "reach out" to teenagers and young adults, and convince them that liberty is the only way for a peaceful society.

2. The second idea I'd be quite happy to help with or start a podcast on would be to discuss Christianity and how it relates to anarchism, esp. in regards to how compatible the two areas of thought are with each other...I personally find them very compatible but that's a topic for another time. My point is if I and several other Christian Anarchists were to either do a segment on another podcast or set up our own podcast....we could potentially reach out to Christians who are holding back from going anarchist due to parts of the Bible such as the infamous (in Christian Anarchist circles) Romans 13. We could also reach out to those atheist anarchists who feel that Christians need to become atheists before they can be truly comfortable with anarchism and show them that Christianity and Anarchism ARE compatible.

So...thoughts, suggestions, people willing to be my minions for either of these projects? (just kidding about the minions part....we'd all be equal in terms of authority "crosses fingers behind his back")

But yeah in all seriousness if anyone would be interested in either setting up a podcast for either of those topics, both of them, and possibly other topics as well....just contact me through the forum, through email or skype, though if you try to go the skype route please message me your skype id so I know it's someone from here and not some random person who managed to find my skype id. but yeah my skype id is pyromaniacwolf1994, my email is the same as my skype id only with the additon of @gmail.com, and of course a PM through this forum would always be simple.
"Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Here is my gpg key as of 05/27/2012

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9CB41A3E101B1CD3

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:33:04 PM »
Hey everyone I talked to MamaLiberty about this and she suggested that I make a post on this thread with a couple ideas I had. Here are the ideas I've come up with so far that could either be used as a segment of a show or potentially a show in themselves...though the first option would probably be better

1. I would be quite happy to do something involving helping, ahem, "older" libertarians/anarchists/lovers of liberty reach out to teenagers like myself...while I came to the went from "bleeding-heart liberalism" to neoconservatism, to libertarianism/minarchism to anarchism myself.....a lot of people need a little "nudge" in the right direction...while that won't work with some or possibly even most people...there are a few people who you can just give them a push in the right direction and they'll take the red pill and end up wanting to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes by themselves. Others of course, will need a LOT more than a nudge..and some you'll never be able to reach. But the focus of this area of discussion would be me, and hopefully a few like-minded friends of mine who are around my age, discussing how to "reach out" to teenagers and young adults, and convince them that liberty is the only way for a peaceful society.

2. The second idea I'd be quite happy to help with or start a podcast on would be to discuss Christianity and how it relates to anarchism, esp. in regards to how compatible the two areas of thought are with each other...I personally find them very compatible but that's a topic for another time. My point is if I and several other Christian Anarchists were to either do a segment on another podcast or set up our own podcast....we could potentially reach out to Christians who are holding back from going anarchist due to parts of the Bible such as the infamous (in Christian Anarchist circles) Romans 13. We could also reach out to those atheist anarchists who feel that Christians need to become atheists before they can be truly comfortable with anarchism and show them that Christianity and Anarchism ARE compatible.

So...thoughts, suggestions, people willing to be my minions for either of these projects? (just kidding about the minions part....we'd all be equal in terms of authority "crosses fingers behind his back")

But yeah in all seriousness if anyone would be interested in either setting up a podcast for either of those topics, both of them, and possibly other topics as well....just contact me through the forum, through email or skype, though if you try to go the skype route please message me your skype id so I know it's someone from here and not some random person who managed to find my skype id. but yeah my skype id is pyromaniacwolf1994, my email is the same as my skype id only with the additon of @gmail.com, and of course a PM through this forum would always be simple.

Maybe a podcast extolling the FSW would be a good idea; throwing out those as topics that we cover under that umbrella?  What is the goal?
"If I cared for my life, I would have lost it long ago, trying to lose it, I find I cannot throw it away." -Bloody Bill Anderson

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
@Foundit

That could be one route. Another I'm looking at is having my own podcast along with some internet "associates" of mine, and having our podcast and the FSW podcast "work together" in the sense that we have the hosts of each one be frequent guests on the other. So I and my "associates" might be frequent guests on the FSW podcast whereas FSW podcast hosts, exempli gratia MamaLiberty, Pedro-wyo and you Foundit, could be frequent guests on the podcast hosted by me and my "associates" Either one is an option

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 08:37:27 PM »
@Foundit

That could be one route. Another I'm looking at is having my own podcast along with some internet "associates" of mine, and having our podcast and the FSW podcast "work together" in the sense that we have the hosts of each one be frequent guests on the other. So I and my "associates" might be frequent guests on the FSW podcast whereas FSW podcast hosts, exempli gratia MamaLiberty, Pedro-wyo and you Foundit, could be frequent guests on the podcast hosted by me and my "associates" Either one is an option

We should talk.  I am sure that we can come up with something good.

Offline Dodd

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Oath Keeper
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:38 PM »
Hey AgoristTeen1994. I heard a podcast the other day from Jack Spirko of the Survival Podcast. The show was a recording of Jack's Free State Project presentation in Nashua New Hampshire on Feb. 25th. I thought it was really interesting the way he brought all of the areas of preparedness that he had lectured on into a confession. That his objective was really to convert folks into "personal libertarians" by showing them that they don't need the system. Here's a link to it:

Episode-848- My Presentation at the 2012 Liberty Forum http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/episode-848-my-presentation-at-the-2012-liberty-forum

But yeah in all seriousness if anyone would be interested in either setting up a podcast for either of those topics, both of them, and possibly other topics as well....th the additon of @gmail.com, and of course a PM through this forum would always be simple.
I've been contemplating how to translate my skill-sets and mind-set into something useful in the future. We're in a transitional period now and life is changing in this country. I kind of had a vision of you all when I was reading your thread. Maybe something like Radio Free Wyoming, broadcast from the free state zone as a beacon of truth to those making their way through war and disease ravaged America after the collapse. One thing is for sure. The "mainstream media" ain't corporate media anymore. If this sounds crazy I think we should see what this country looks like in 2 years and revisit the conversation.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:23:18 AM by Dodd »

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 05:10:55 AM »
Okay I just looked up some info on how to create a podcast here's a link everyone might be interested in regarding that: http://www.wikihow.com/Start-Your-Own-Podcast

Now as I see it we (or to be more precise anyone who is interested here) have three routes.
1. We can make our podcast with a service like Blog Talk Radio. Has the advantages of convenience and the potential for a wider audience. Has the disadvantages of potential censorship, the fact that they may insert commercial breaks into the show, and that we have to pay.

2. We can set up a site through say WordPress, either through the free version of a WordPress blog or the paid version which gets us our own domain name, so if my blog were run that way it'd be called "www.agorism4everyone.com" vs. the "www.agorism4everyone.wordpress.com" that it is currently. Advantages are that while it still cost money it costs less than the first option, and that if we go the route of using our own domain name we may be able to get advertisers to put ads on the site...and pay us for the privilege though that IS unlikely. Disadvantages are much the same as they are in option 1, minus the commercial breaks. plus the fact that it'd be less convenient and would generate less traffic than option 1.

3. We can set up our own site independent of places like WordPress or Blogger or sites like that...and run it much like I'm assuming www.dailyanarchist.com  and this site are run. The advantages are that this would have little or no cost to run...and nay cost would be cheaper than the first two options. We would have absolute total control over the content on the site and podcast or at least as much "total control" as can be had when running a podcast with multiple people. Any other advantages would be much the same as option 2. Disadvantages are that it is less convenient than the first option and even the second option and that this would probably generate the least amount of traffic.

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:42:41 AM »
Okay I just looked up some info on how to create a podcast here's a link everyone might be interested in regarding that: http://www.wikihow.com/Start-Your-Own-Podcast

Now as I see it we (or to be more precise anyone who is interested here) have three routes.
1. We can make our podcast with a service like Blog Talk Radio. Has the advantages of convenience and the potential for a wider audience. Has the disadvantages of potential censorship, the fact that they may insert commercial breaks into the show, and that we have to pay.

2. We can set up a site through say WordPress, either through the free version of a WordPress blog or the paid version which gets us our own domain name, so if my blog were run that way it'd be called "www.agorism4everyone.com" vs. the "www.agorism4everyone.wordpress.com" that it is currently. Advantages are that while it still cost money it costs less than the first option, and that if we go the route of using our own domain name we may be able to get advertisers to put ads on the site...and pay us for the privilege though that IS unlikely. Disadvantages are much the same as they are in option 1, minus the commercial breaks. plus the fact that it'd be less convenient and would generate less traffic than option 1.

3. We can set up our own site independent of places like WordPress or Blogger or sites like that...and run it much like I'm assuming www.dailyanarchist.com  and this site are run. The advantages are that this would have little or no cost to run...and nay cost would be cheaper than the first two options. We would have absolute total control over the content on the site and podcast or at least as much "total control" as can be had when running a podcast with multiple people. Any other advantages would be much the same as option 2. Disadvantages are that it is less convenient than the first option and even the second option and that this would probably generate the least amount of traffic.

You need to determine goals first.  I know A LOT about this and the pro and cons of all of the above.  What are the goals, technical abilities and time constraints of those involved? What do you want to achieve? Do you want to monetize or not?