Author Topic: NuB  (Read 5322 times)

Offline hayr

• Reader
NuB
« on: June 14, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
Just finished a cursory read of "Molon Labe".  Cursory, not dismissive, as I wanted the total thesis and endgame.  Now I will return for a thorough, highlighter in hand, read. 

At this point, I have a good deal of whiplash!  Sort of felt the same with "Gun Bible", but when it came to firearms, I was a blank slate, so the inertia being overwhelmed was ignorance.  I HAVE been heavily involved in Regan Revolution, Religious-Right politics, as campaign staff and successful candidate, and THOUGHT I understood Liberty and then became thoroughly disenchanted with the whole process and have been pretty much apolitical for 10 years.

Hardly know where to begin, even as an introduction:  Let's see.  Happily married 27years, 6 homeschooled kids one of which is married and has produced a grandchild!  I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian convert (Russian tradition) from Independent Baptist and Charismatic background.  Professionally, I am a pharmacist and work in a large hospital in West Virginia where I also live.

Within the past 2 years became more informed about "prepping", but had some preparations in place even at Y2K.  Prepping has been my entree into Libertarian ideals to which I have slowly warmed.

I suppose that will suffice as an introduction.

hayr

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Emmigrated To And Now Living In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
Re: NuB
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »
Just finished a cursory read of "Molon Labe".  Cursory, not dismissive, as I wanted the total thesis and endgame.  Now I will return for a thorough, highlighter in hand, read. 

At this point, I have a good deal of whiplash!  Sort of felt the same with "Gun Bible", but when it came to firearms, I was a blank slate, so the inertia being overwhelmed was ignorance.  I HAVE been heavily involved in Regan Revolution, Religious-Right politics, as campaign staff and successful candidate, and THOUGHT I understood Liberty and then became thoroughly disenchanted with the whole process and have been pretty much apolitical for 10 years.

Hardly know where to begin, even as an introduction:  Let's see.  Happily married 27years, 6 homeschooled kids one of which is married and has produced a grandchild!  I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian convert (Russian tradition) from Independent Baptist and Charismatic background.  Professionally, I am a pharmacist and work in a large hospital in West Virginia where I also live.

Within the past 2 years became more informed about "prepping", but had some preparations in place even at Y2K.  Prepping has been my entree into Libertarian ideals to which I have slowly warmed.

I suppose that will suffice as an introduction.

hayr

Welcome.  You should move to Sundance. :)
"If I cared for my life, I would have lost it long ago, trying to lose it, I find I cannot throw it away." -Bloody Bill Anderson

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:22:20 AM »
Welcome indeed! Hope you can come to visit us here. The forum is actually a pale reflection of the reality.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »

Welcome, Hayr. Enjoy your reading and let us know what you think every once
in a while.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »
I HAVE been heavily involved in Regan Revolution, Religious-Right politics, as campaign staff and successful candidate, and THOUGHT I understood Liberty and then became thoroughly disenchanted with the whole process and have been pretty much apolitical for 10 years.
Well, God bless you for your awakening!
I wish more GOP types like that would just read/think a bit more, as you did.
Welcome to our FSW Forum, and please attend our June Jamboree if you can.

And thank you for the kind praise of my books.

Boston

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:21:15 AM »
Welcome!

Um, I'm just wondering if there are any eastern Orthodox churches and congregations at all in Wyoming? I bet there's something in Denver, but that's a long way. Have you looked into that?

Keep in mind, Molon Labe is fiction, and not even a blueprint. Some have come here wondering if we are trying to duplicate it in reality somehow, which would clearly be impossible. It's more about a philosophical point of view than anything. At least that's my take. What happens in reality has to be much more subtle and attuned to the existing reality in Wyoming, and to the fact we are all individuals and not part of some army.

I hope I got the point across reasonably.  ::)
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline TwoTimes

• Reader
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »
Um, I'm just wondering if there are any eastern Orthodox churches and congregations at all in Wyoming? I bet there's something in Denver, but that's a long way. Have you looked into that?

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=12106.msg107751#msg107751

;)

2X
2Times

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Emmigrated To And Now Living In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
Welcome!

Keep in mind, Molon Labe is fiction, and not even a blueprint. Some have come here wondering if we are trying to duplicate it in reality somehow, which would clearly be impossible. It's more about a philosophical point of view than anything. At least that's my take. What happens in reality has to be much more subtle and attuned to the existing reality in Wyoming, and to the fact we are all individuals and not part of some army.

Molon Labe IS a blueprint, it's just not be executed or organized.
"If I cared for my life, I would have lost it long ago, trying to lose it, I find I cannot throw it away." -Bloody Bill Anderson

Offline hayr

• Reader
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
Welcome!

Molon Labe IS a blueprint, it's just not be executed or organized.

Yes, I have checked out the Orthodox churches nearby on the web.  There may be more that don't have a "web-presence".

As far as ML not being a blue-print:  I didn't regard the novel portion as a blue-print.  But, the "Wyoming Report" seemed to be "non-fiction" and a proposal for pretty much the same scenario as the novel.  It went further into how to elect the 80 at most representatives for a unicameral legislature and so forth.  Great stuff.  That IS a workable blue-print -- in pencil.  Schedules and plans are just that.  As Boston said, we can only do what we can do.  So, I understand the, uh, eschatological tension (to loosely borrow from theology) involved.  That is not discouraging.

hayr

Offline BAR BAR 2

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Horse Trader
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 12:27:15 AM »
Welcome hayr. I live south of Gillette and if I'm not mistaken there is an Orthodox church in town. You might check on that.

Tex
My Wyoming has an east infection.

=2