Author Topic: "Strategic Relocation" by Joel Skousen  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
"Strategic Relocation" by Joel Skousen
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
Skousen is a "See the Big Picture" analyst/writer and yet this book is extremely
detailed and covers the globe, country by country, with thoughts on the best enclaves
for strategic relocation. His target audience is mostly American. Since
 he genuinely views the US as the best country to find liberty-minded folks the majority of the detail is
devoted to a state-by-state analysis of the US.

WY, MT, ID, SD, UT and Eastern WA all get high marks but for very different reasons and
with lot's of specific details on each.  Having just skimmed the book
I'd say Joel would rate them in order as:

1) ID
 2) WY
 3) UT
 4) MT
 5) SD
 6) WA

Without writing a long book review he likes all the best areas of WY we all know about
 except Cheyenne due to the sheer number of primary nuclear targets there.  There are parts
of MT that have even a higher density of those targets.

The book is also an excellent resource for choosing the nearest safe temporary retreat areas
in states that people are stuck in for employment reasons. There is specific advice for how
to map out workable routes to get to safety in a potential crisis as well as what to keep/not keep
at locations you'll be inevitably leaving.  It's also a good book to throw at relatives who may, someday,
want to get out of their big cities but just couldn't imagine traveling more than a few hundred miles either way.

There's no other book like this on the market so it fills a heretofore empty nitch on the bookshelf.
In that sense, alone, I'm very glad the only book in this category is so thorough and detailed.

Terence
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:33:52 PM by Terence »
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline 300dragonflies

• FSW Associate
Re: "Strategic Relocation" by Joel Skousen
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:22:31 PM »
If I hadn't just figured out I'm broker than I thought I was, I'd buy it immediately! May, still, if I deposit some cash back in the bank.

Offline Terence

• McGillespie.com
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:46:40 PM »

Strategic Relocation The Film (Full version)
http://www.infowars.com/strategic-relocation-the-film-full-version-hq/
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »
Cheyene, and all points east, are a bad idea.  Actually, being downwind from any silo complex or military base or other primary target (interstate intersection, communications hub, rail hub, big city, etc) is a very, very bad idea.
Most people in the world are Sheep.
Some are Wolves.
A very few are Sheepdogs.

I guess I'm just the vet

Politician, Rope, Lamppost.  Some assembly required

Offline BrianMyers

• Reader
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 02:01:11 AM »
I own the book and I highly recommend it to anyone who desires to relocate.

I have it out on loan to a friend who has a strong desire to leave Wisconsin, just as my family and I did six month ago.  Now we find ourselves with the same desire again because of the re-election of Obama and the impending doom of America.  I fear we will be revisiting the 1930's once again.  God help us!
"We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude."
- Thomas Jefferson 1816.

Offline 300dragonflies

• FSW Associate
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 07:12:59 AM »
I know someone who just bought it, and I can borrow it. I expect to spend some time reading it carefully. Lots of demographic and climate type data in map form...cross-referenced with a good atlas, I can see it being very, very helpful.