Author Topic: Moving from Marylandistan  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Ruffinrebel

Moving from Marylandistan
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
Hello all,
We're moving!
Probably to the Dubois area, and would appreciate some pointers on available work in the area specific to construction (any field).
Thank you in advance.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Moving from Marylandistan
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:51:45 AM »
Welcome! There is a wealth of information available here at the forum. As for specifics in that area, I don't know anyone there. What most people have found invaluable is a trip out to scout the area they think they want. Come out and visit, talk to the people there, talk to potential employers, etc.

In any case, I hope you will come to the NE corner and visit us too. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »
Yes, welcome.
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline 338_LM

• Reader
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »
An early pre-welcome to you from another ex MD resident.  I just posted this on another website, and it's applicable here.  I trust you'll find it encouraging...

I've lived in WY since 1989, coming from a morally-bankrupt Big East Coast City.  (Thanks to my father, who encouraged it in more ways than one.  Back then, he said, "Son, I have found a family refuge inside USA; it will likely be necessary for you to locate a refuge outside it.  Prophetic words.)

City-folk, try and wrap your heads around this: With an average of 5.85 ppl/sq mi, there are still nine cities with over 10,000 (and two over 50,000).  You can see why it's easy for me to often be the only human on 13.5 square miles of private property.

I can discharge an M82A1 and the projectile will likely never leave my land.  Our county Sheriff recently complimented me on my choice of carry-rifle, saying, "Nice to see you with a 7-6-2.  [FAL]  I quit the WyHP when they took my M1A and replaced it with an inferior 2-2-3."

Like to do your own thing?  Want to build your own home?  I built mine, from the first line on a sheet of vellum, to the last switch-plate on the wall.  NO zoning, NO building codes, NO permits, NO inspections, NO gov't headaches.

Oh, and NO state income tax either.  Want to know what my property taxes are on almost 9,000 acres with three homes and 11 outbuildings (including two that are over 50'x100')?  Under $4,000 a year.

For the Liberty-minded, contemplating WY, check out freestatewyoming.org

For those intimidated by us and our legal CONCEALED carry w/o permit, please feel no obligation to visit.  Ever.
--------------------
A government should not be conflated with "the country", or "the people". It's an entity with its own interests, and will always put it's interests first. It treats its subjects as milk cows and if it has to, it will treat them as beef cows.

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:34:47 PM »
Couldn't say it better myself.   ~W~
Laws turn men into slaves.