Author Topic: Newbie from Missouri  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Aristos

• Reader
Newbie from Missouri
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
I found this very informative site from the survival blog site, and Wow, have I been impressed with the people and information on this site.  I love Wyoming, have visited there 3 times and keep wanting to get back there but my last trip to WY was in 2007.  I hope to get back there this summer.  We have talked about moving to Wyoming but we have so much "baggage" in Missouri that I am not sure at this point if we will ever get there permanently or not.  We have a 100 acre farm in Missouri, have livestock, horses, dogs, and family here - both married and single children.  I am a born Missourian, my husband moved to Missouri from PA when he was 11, so has lived in Missouri for the majority of his life.  We do like Missouri (well July and August can be miserable but we survive) and we are in a rural area with like minded people who take our freedom, guns, and religion seriously - but are only 80 miles from St. Louis which is too close for my liking.  But the first time I visited Wyoming, I felt so at peace and inspired by the vastness of the land.  That trip was thru just the northeast and eastern part of the state as we came from Rapid City, down thru NewCastle and Douglas and on to Cheyenne.  Second trip was on I90 to Sheridan, then over the BigHorns to Cody and Yellowstone, back around thru Dubois and south to 80.  Third trip was on I90 to Buffalo, stayed there for 3 days and really liked the area, then down thru Casper and Laramie.  I know there are still other areas we have not seen, but I really liked the Buffalo and Sheridan area, maybe because we were able to hang out for a couple of days and get to know the local people there, and because that area seemed to get more rainfall (I like green - grass, trees, etc).  I plan to follow this forum, especially the real estate listings, in case we could find some land and a small house/cabin that we could purchase in Wyoming with the eventual plans of moving to it once I retire - hopefully in about 4 more years.  So to all you Wyoming residents, please keep posting about your experiences in Wyoming and thank you for listening. 
Until then I will keep reading and learning as much as I can about Wyoming. 

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Newbie from Missouri
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
Welcome! We'll be very glad to have you visit.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline kunkmiester

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »
You south of St Louis?  I grew up in St. Charles.
Evil is evil, no matter how small.

Thermonuclear weapons make me happy!

Offline Aristos

• Reader
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »
Small world - I also grew up in St. Charles.  Glad to be out of there!   

Offline 300dragonflies

• FSW Associate
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 06:50:21 PM »
My mom grew up south of St. Louis.