Author Topic: mind yourself while here  (Read 23056 times)

Offline golf.foxtrot.yankee

mind yourself while here
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:12:03 PM »
Just a quick note. Please be advised that while many of us (previous to your arrival) already existing in this state would like to keep things very simple. I as well as many others can appreciate your values, thoughts and goals, as well as respect and share many of the same fundamentals you bring with you.
On that note. . . I read into the book, quit around 1/4, and was too pissed off to continue. I immedietly handed it off and will not read another word.
In fact. . . my regards can be summed up very quickly and are shared heavily by many people. You are Transplants!!! Please for the love of god do not bring your prius's, minivans, and soccer moms with you. Please avoid independent businesses that do not follow along with the two largest economy agents in the state being agriculture and oil/gas. Many are beginning to feel like whatever organizations such what you entail are becoming like viruses due to the lifestyle you just could not leave behind you. I would seriously enjoy a statistical number on how many of you are previous military, or DOD contractors, how many are SMALL business owners, how many are agriculture/ ranchers, and not just buying in for money and calling your little spread a ranch/farm just because you own 20 acres and want to fit in. Weve seen it before. The only manure you spread is what trickles from your mouth. Your previously dull suburban lifestyle will not be tolerated by any means. There is enough east/west coast attitude floating what was crisp clean air, dont make it any thinner.
Your opinions and goals are in good faith im sure, however please mind yourself while here.

Offline pedro wyomiing

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Re: mind yourself while here
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
Just a quick note. Please be advised that while many of us (previous to your arrival) already existing in this state would like to keep things very simple. I as well as many others can appreciate your values, thoughts and goals, as well as respect and share many of the same fundamentals you bring with you.
On that note. . . I read into the book, quit around 1/4, and was too pissed off to continue. I immedietly handed it off and will not read another word.
In fact. . . my regards can be summed up very quickly and are shared heavily by many people. You are Transplants!!! Please for the love of god do not bring your prius's, minivans, and soccer moms with you. Please avoid independent businesses that do not follow along with the two largest economy agents in the state being agriculture and oil/gas. Many are beginning to feel like whatever organizations such what you entail are becoming like viruses due to the lifestyle you just could not leave behind you. I would seriously enjoy a statistical number on how many of you are previous military, or DOD contractors, how many are SMALL business owners, how many are agriculture/ ranchers, and not just buying in for money and calling your little spread a ranch/farm just because you own 20 acres and want to fit in. Weve seen it before. The only manure you spread is what trickles from your mouth. Your previously dull suburban lifestyle will not be tolerated by any means. There is enough east/west coast attitude floating what was crisp clean air, dont make it any thinner.
Your opinions and goals are in good faith im sure, however please mind yourself while here.
Golf,
Welcome to the forum.  I was here for 12 years before i found FSW.  I have behaved my self since my arrival.  Please elucidate on the lifestyle that i brought with me.  As to the statistics you seek, i am prior service and proud to be.  I am a small business owner in the energy industry and i spent about 50K last year in the local economy, primarily with other small businesses.  I do own a few acres and grow my groceries there.  I have no history with dull boring or urban.  I moved here to escape the east/west coast mentality to which you refer.  I will do as i damn well please and will cause harm to no other.  My goals and opinions are exactly that...mine.  Enjoy the forum or don't i do not care.  YOu are free to leave any time you like.

pW

Offline BAR BAR 2

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Horse Trader
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:13:59 PM »
I like your screen name, Golf. And I would like to say Golf Foxtrot Yankee to you as well.

I am a welder and a rancher. My little ranchette consists of about 8500 acres of lease land with red and blacks and way too many horses. I weld in the oilpatch to help pay for all of it. Work is what brought me here, and like Pedro, I had been here several years before hearing of FSW. I grew up ranching and have never lived in an urban area. Being Basque I share a common heritage with alot of longtime Wyoming residents eventhough I was'nt born here.

The people of FSW have alot of different ideas and beliefs and a person would be hard pressed to find more than two who agree. Everybody here just wants to live their life in peace without government intrusion. Most of my friends from here have the same wants. I share your concerns about people bringing their messed up politics with them, but you should get to know the group before you assume too much.

Anyhow, welcome to the board and again, Golf Foxtrot Yankee.

Tex
My Wyoming has an east infection.

=2

Offline 300dragonflies

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:26:44 PM »
Golf: It seems to me that most FSWers who are planning to move to Wyoming are doing so to avoid the east/west coast stuff. Most of them don't want the suburban lifestyle any more than you do. Many are "retiring" there and others are working in local industries and businesses to make a living. Mainly, though, I see a lot of posts here by FSWers railing against the same things you just railed against. ;) I think one of the main reasons that Wyoming is so popular is because of the reputation of rugged individualism that the occupants of the state have.

Offline Mark Davis

• FSW Associate
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
Hey! GFY, if your first post here is any indicator, I'm thinking you don't have many freinds.
to lazy to chase arrows

Offline Corpsman

• Rather Interested
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:56:24 AM »
Please define "mind yourself" and what the penalty would be for not doing so. Seems, GFY, you are the walking definition of "being born in Wyoming does not make you a Wyoming person."

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:58:07 AM »
I promise not to drink any more Starbucks.  :D

FWIW, something like 55% of Wyomingites were born elsewhere...
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline stoky

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:01:11 AM »
Howdy GFY, welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the OG xenophobia vent.
It should serve as ongoing inspiration to us all, to harden our bodies, heads and hearts.
Sacred cow makes the best hamburger.
--Samuel Clemens

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 09:14:16 AM »
GFY,

Way to make a bad first impression!  Care to try again?

I suggest YOU mind YOURSELF while HERE.

Kelly
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline pedro wyomiing

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 09:36:20 AM »
Hmmm,
It seems at last we have solidarity on one point...and one point only.
LOL

pW

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »
In fact. . . my regards can be summed up very quickly and are shared heavily by many people.

What book are you referring to?

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 11:42:27 AM »
Would it be safe to say there are fools everywhere, even in Wyoming?

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 12:22:51 PM »
Would it be safe to say there are fools everywhere, even in Wyoming?

Mac

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!??!!   Oh, no, wait a minute!  I get it.   Keeping things simple meaning that ignoring the upcoming trouble being brought about by Police-State, Big Government folks will make it go away?  I don't think so, golf.foxtrot.yankee.

Was your opening salvo was about the book Mόλῶn Λᾳbé?  If so, what exactly pissed you off?

Mac - you are right.  There are fools everywhere, and, try as I might to avoid being the biggest one around, I sometimes fail at that.  It is often related to emotions (anger being the chief culprit in my case) so I'm trying to learn here what has g.f.y. so upset.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 03:44:43 PM »
I believe Mr. GFY might have missed the fact that the book he is probably referring to is classified as FICTION. It is nobody's action plan. Nobody's agenda. Nobody's underground subversive plan to take over anything.

I doubt we'll hear from him again. I welcome his input though. We have quite a range of ideas here and most of us are willing to discuss various points of view without name calling. Perhaps he'll surprise us, but to each his own. That's just one thing that makes Wyoming great.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Mac - you are right.  There are fools everywhere, and, try as I might to avoid being the biggest one around, I sometimes fail at that.  It is often related to emotions (anger being the chief culprit in my case) so I'm trying to learn here what has g.f.y. so upset.

I suspect that was his first and last post, so we may never know what's gotten his panties in a bunch.

For those of you who may not realize, his handle is saying GFY which, in text speak, is 'Go F Yourself'.

::)
Kelly
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.