Author Topic: 2014?  (Read 8885 times)

Offline montygarlic

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
2014?
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:43 AM »
Okay.  I know that M.L. is a NOVEL (and a novel one at that - sorry, couldn't resist >:D)

But is it okay to  know where would be best to relocate in hopes of serving the overall voting objectives therein described?

I go crazy just looking at housing and land and job/business opportunities and micro-climatic conditions and scenery while knowing that little of that may enter in to a final decision for the cause.

So, are things looking favorable for the 2014 plan?

mg
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: 2014?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »
Have you read the FAQ? http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=24.msg64#msg64

And the FSW letter to the "locals": http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=104.msg288#msg288

Both by Boston.

FSW is not a political organization and has no political goals. Some members are political and do have such goals. You can find those and work together with them for whatever goals you wish, of course.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
Have you read the FAQ? http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=24.msg64#msg64

And the FSW letter to the "locals": http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=104.msg288#msg288

Both by Boston.
  Why yes, Mama.  I have.... I guess I did not fully appreciate the need for caution on everyone's part, including mine. :-[

[qoute  author=MamaLiberty link=topic=15081]FSW is not a political organization and has no political goals. Some members are political and do have such goals. You can find those and work together with them for whatever goals you wish, of course.
[/quote]

Which is why I prefaced my post with:
But is it okay to  know where would be best to relocate in hopes of serving the overall voting objectives therein described?
mg

Any how, it will probably be best to be a little patient in this process.  As  you say, I can find and work with those of similar interest(s) along the way.

Thanks for the reply.

mg

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:43:53 PM »
is it okay to  know where would be best to relocate in hopes of serving the overall voting objectives therein described?
mg

Sure it's "OK." :) But it might be difficult to figure out who is who from the forum. Some of the most vocal and adamant political movers and shakers left the forum long ago, but they are around. Hope you can find those who will complement your efforts. As to where? No idea. I'm afraid they are pretty scattered over the state. Nobody here keeps any real track of numbers, names, locations or anything else. Those who don't participate in the forum far outnumber those who do.  ;D
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
is it okay to  know where would be best to relocate in hopes of serving the overall voting objectives therein described?
mg

Sure it's "OK." :) But it might be difficult to figure out who is who from the forum. Some of the most vocal and adamant political movers and shakers left the forum long ago, but they are around. Hope you can find those who will complement your efforts. As to where? No idea. I'm afraid they are pretty scattered over the state. Nobody here keeps any real track of numbers, names, locations or anything else. Those who don't participate in the forum far outnumber those who do.  ;D

Thanks, Mama.  That is excellent information.  And I've really enjoyed your blogging as well. 
All of which reminds me of a much, much earlier posting by Mac:     
Re: FSW Members explain: Why I Moved To Wyoming!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »

which was followed by you, with:     
Re: FSW Members explain: Why I Moved To Wyoming!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 09:04:55 AM »

both from the  FSW Members explain: Why I Moved To Wyoming! Forum which is extremely beneficial in covering a myriad of topics!! 

You folks Rock!  (as my foster kids and grandkids say).

mg

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »
MG,
It's certainly OK for YOU to be political, to tell people here about candidates, their good and bad features, who's running for what, or even yourself. But YOU are doing it, not the FSW, I think that was the point ML was making. The FSW will NOT endorse or promote a candidate or issue, but YOU can. No problem.

I know a group of folks in Sundance that ARE political and getting some things done, but again, they are individuals, not an organization.

Hope that helps.
Mac
(Crook County)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 08:16:18 AM »
Thanks, Mac.

Yes - I get it.  FSW is not now, nor going to become a political entity.

Considering how many "political animals" just MUST co-opt everything to their way of thinking, it is the best approach.

mg

adambomb

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
I wouldn't consider myself too much of an expert, seeing as how I'm still in Iowa and haven't been to a Jam in like 3 years now, but from where I've been lurking it appears to be a slightly higher density in the Crook and Weston county area.  Best recommendation I have is to familiarize yourself a bit more with the terrain (I just bought one of those Gazetteer topo map books of the whole state), then go to the Jam where you will certainly meet a bunch of people you wouldn't mind being neighbors with.   ~W~

Offline montygarlic

• Once upon a time....
    • Garlic Head
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
Thanks Adam.

I was planning to get the Topo Gazetteer for WY, but my WalMart didn't have any.  I did get a large folding map and will continue checking the info from the 'net between now and the Jam.  I sure hope we can make it!

mg

Offline 300dragonflies

• FSW Associate
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »
monty - you can probably find a Gazeteer at the local gas station when you gas up in Wyoming. That's where mine is from! :)