Author Topic: C'mon you apes, do you wanna READ forever?!  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Erik

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Hold Fast.
C'mon you apes, do you wanna READ forever?!
« on: October 02, 2020, 11:04:47 AM »
This was the reaction when I told people I wanted to write a book about an outlaw who discovers a lost world entrance in the wild frontier of the Wyoming Territories…. And that there was dinosaurs in it:

This was the reaction when I told people I’d finished the book and people began to read and critique it:

This was how I felt when I finished the publication process:

And this is how I feel today, with the book finally released on Amazon.

So look at this! Here it is in all it’s glory! Woop!

Amazon Link:

https://www.amazon.com/West-Prehistoric-Erik-Testerman-ebook/dp/B08JJWGTZF/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

It’s 1885.

Jedidiah Huckleberry Smith spent his entire life searching for the raider who mutilated him as a child. Finally, giving up on a trail long grown cold, he leaves his outlaw past behind and starts over in a remote town in Wyoming.

One dark night his ranch is attacked by a mysterious and ferocious beast from a world lost to time. Only Jedidiah’s savagery and skills save him.

Now, teaming up with a beautiful but naïve paleontologist, they stand between his adopted town and its destruction by an army of barbaric prehistoric apes and dinosaurs. But Jed’s past has come back to haunt him. The man he searched for is discovered in a position of power, and Jed must choose…

Revenge for his past, or the salvation of strangers.

Either way, bullets will fly, and blood will be spilled.

If you buy it, I’d love you forever if you leave an Amazon or Goodreads review. Even a one sentence review that says, “This book doesn’t suck” means a lot and helps sell more books in the future. (How many times have you looked at a book with no or few reviews and passed on it because no one else risked reading it first? I know I have.)

And since the sequel is already completed, well – the more this one sells the more likely the publisher will pick it up. If this one doesn’t sell… no sequel folks. It’s just not worth the investment by the publisher. So I’m holding the sequel hostage. MWhahaha.

Right now the Kindle version is available for either the price of $0 if you have Kindle Unlimited, or $3.99 if you don’t. The Paperback is $13.95. (Sorry, I didn’t pick the price. I was really hoping it’d be under $10.)

Personally, I’m gonna buy about 20 of them. And guess who is getting an autographed copy for Christmas? (My entire extended family!)

And finally, this is how I feel as I try to ignore the awesomeness of this moment and work on the third book in the series:

Erik. 
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
-2 Corinthians, 4:8-9

Offline Erik

• Hold Fast.
Re: C'mon you apes, do you wanna READ forever?!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »
Someone at work asked me to sum up the book in one sentence.

I said John Wayne from The Searchers meets the Lost World with a touch of John Wick thrown in for fun.
Erik. 
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »
I got it for free to review, but I decided to buy it today too.  >:D
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »
This is awesome, Erik. Great news.

Offline Erik

• Hold Fast.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 12:18:22 PM »
Thanks guys!

So, it's been going pretty great so far. I'm at 38 reviews on Amazon with a 4.8/5 rating. I should be finding out this month how the first full quarters sales went(That'd be Oct-Dec 2020).

The sequel is at the publisher. The third book is being written now, and the fourth and final book exists in notes.

And the interior art for the sequel is being wrapped up now. (This is the rough draft)
Erik. 

Offline Erik

• Hold Fast.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 06:56:44 PM »
Annnnnnnd the third book is out on paperback and kindle as of about 6 weeks ago.  Audio should be out in another month.

Working hard on the fourth.

So far the reception seems to be pretty good. 4.6/5 across the board!

Erik. 

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 02:00:00 AM »
I just saw this book in my listing of books owned and it moved me to try to remember by password to this forum. :-)

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2023, 02:44:24 AM »
I just saw this book in my listing of books owned and it moved me to try to remember by password to this forum. :-)

What's shocking is that I guessed it right on the first try after two years!  ;D

Offline Boston

• Board Moderator
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 12:36:23 AM »
Annnnnnnd the third book is out on paperback and kindle as of about 6 weeks ago.  Audio should be out in another month.

Working hard on the fourth.

So far the reception seems to be pretty good. 4.6/5 across the board!

Congratulations, Erik!  Book writing and publishing is a marvelous thing.
I look forward to catching up on your work sometime.

Boston