Author Topic: Hi Yall  (Read 3722 times)

Offline rangermonroe

• Reader
Hi Yall
« on: March 16, 2006, 11:32:03 AM »
I am doing my best to become a Wyoming Voter.

I had just read Molon Labe and was discussing recreational land purchase with my father.  After a lot of dreaming of a hunt cabin in the mountains, I informed my wife that we were moving to WY. ;D  She asked why, and I gave her a few positive traits.

Within 2 hours we were planning our trip to Casper. :o

We have been there, fallen in love, and wish to return with our kids and our belongings.

I am a career firefighter, an ex-Army ranger.  My wife raises our kids and keeps me out of trouble.  We have been married for 14 years.  Four kids, 11,8 3, 9m.

I eagerly await the fire department to begin hiring again, as I will need employment.  At least until I am elected Governor.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Hi Yall
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 12:08:28 PM »
Howdy Rangermonroe, It seems that there were several firefighting jobs listed at americas job bank over the last couple of days. I am not sure what town but you might want to take a look?  Just do a general search of all jobs for Wyoming.
http://www.ajb.dni.us/? Any way welcome to you and your family !? ?Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 05:05:13 PM »
Professional firefighter are a bit of a rairity in WY. We're mostly volunteer FD's except for the larger towns. Ya kin bet yer bippy Sundance, Morecroft & Hewlett are volunteer, Don't know about Gillette. Ask R C Rifleman or Space Cby.
Mining, rail, petroleum and their related support services are the big players here. Of course ya could always buy into a biz and bypass the job thing, shouldn't be to difficult.

Hunter

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »
Don't know about Gillette. Ask R C Rifleman or Space Cby.

Well, I think he was actually mostly concerned with Casper from what I could tell, but if anyone is interested Gillette has both volunteer and professional.

Offline rangermonroe

• Reader
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »
I would love to live in Alcova, Glen Rock, or Saratoga,  but as Firefighting is what I do I am hoping to find employment in that field.

Casper, cheyanne, and a few other towns have paid departments...but as noted previously...few and far between.

Thanks for the info.