Author Topic: Water may be key to FutureGen  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Danl

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Water may be key to FutureGen
« on: April 06, 2006, 12:59:37 AM »
http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/articles/2006/04/05/news/news02.txt

I copied this whole article since the papers are notorius for dumping them in a few weeks.? The appropriate link to read at the source is above.
Regards, Danl
=================================================================

Local News - Gillette, Wyoming Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Water may be key to FutureGen

Wyoming's geologist said coal-bed methane water could be the key to landing the world's first near zero-emissions power plant in Campbell County.

State officials on Tuesday said they had picked a 640-acre tract of land it owns east of Caballo mine near the Weston County border to put forward as the site for the $1 billion FutureGen pilot plant.

Now, a team including people from the University of Wyoming, State Geological Survey, the governor's office and Department of Environmental Quality will try to respond to a 54-page request for proposal and submit an application by May 4.

Getting all the pieces together will be a tall task, said Rob Hurless, energy and telecommunications policy adviser to Gov. Dave Freudenthal.

?This thing is going at light speed,? Hurless said. ?We're really pressing hard to get done.?

He is hopeful that the site will appeal to the FutureGen Alliance, which will select two or three finalists. The alliance will conduct environmental impact studies on those finalists.

The 250-megawatt pilot plant would use a combination of gasification and carbon dioxide sequestration to reduce emissions. It has secured money from the Department of Energy, several private companies and international governments including India and China.

It could bring up to 1,000 construction jobs and 150 permanent jobs, according to a spokesman with the FutureGen Alliance.

See today's News-Record for the remainder of the story.

Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Water may be key to FutureGen
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »
More info at  http://www.futuregenalliance.org/  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785