Author Topic: SOI In the Mail!  (Read 2258 times)

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
SOI In the Mail!
« on: April 06, 2006, 05:52:45 PM »
I mailed my SOI on Tuesday!
Been on this board for quite a while, but now feel as if I can commit to action and not just talk.
Will still be a while 'till I'm up there due to various medical insurance coverage requirements, but I am coming! Hopefully with the wife!
My plan is to settle in Crook County as close as possible to the state line (SD) for easier access to a major (kinda) airport and major health care providers. Also, needs to be some place with trees. Hell, if we're moving to WY it's got to look like WY! Hopefully these two requirements are not mutually exclusive?  ???

This will be very interesting to see how this all turns out.  ;D

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
Re: SOI In the Mail!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:59:26 PM »
Welcome to Beulah!  Population: Gas.  And Some Trailers!

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 11:33:52 PM »
Bravo, Mac, and thanks for joining us in the FSW!

You'll like Crook Co. and neighboring SD.
Beautiful country and nice people.
Lots of trees, too.

Thank you for helping us keep the area special before the
West coast liberals discover it!

Boston

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 09:19:31 AM »
Mac, if you haven't already seen this check out :  http://www.newyoming.com/crookcounty.htm
Oh and Wahooo!      Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »
Thanks Miles, that's good info. I didn't have that particular site bookmarked.

Also, just received my two USGS maps today. Both are 1:100,000 scale top maps of Crook. One called Devil's Tower and the other called Sundance. It takes them both to cover all of Cook Cty.

Strangely, both are dated 1979!!!
Huh?, I asked the local map retailer who had special ordered them for me.
She said that various maps are updated at various times depending on the amount of change. I hope they're not just selling off old maps.

But that's a good sign. I want to move to a place that ISN'T changing. I want to live in a place that's the SAME 10 or 20 years from now as it is today. That's why I've become dissatisfied living here in rural NV. It's not so rural anymore even after the scant 2+ years that I've lived here.

It's not much different than buying an old car because it's what you really like and coming out in the morning to find it was replaced by the local politicos because they thought the newer car was much better! Go figure!

I'll be poring over these maps for a while. Even if they are out of date, the topo parts are still the same!

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>