Author Topic: Here's one more reason to consdider Wyoming...  (Read 5017 times)

OrangeSkies

Here's one more reason to consdider Wyoming...
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:07:40 PM »
Here's one more reason to consdider Wyoming...

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx[/B]

Very nice!

Offline BlueFeather

• Casual Observer
    • BlueFeather
Re: Here's one more reason to consdider Wyoming...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 08:49:10 PM »
Good chart!  We live in northern NM and have high prices. We are Wyo bound!!  But for many other reasons.
Dan and Jill Bradford

Offline John Corry

• Social Type
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:44:32 PM »
That's interesting that WY is more or less surrounded by higher prices...yet it's counties have lower prices.

???

Terminal to direct pipeline from mid-east somewhere near Sheridan or something?

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 11:52:28 PM »
Hello Bluefeather, I don't think I have said Howdy to you yet?   So when do you expect to arrive in Wyoming ?   Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

appaloosablue

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 06:41:54 AM »
Hello Bluefeather from another soon to be ex-New Mexican,

Welcome to the forum. 

Brandy(appaloosablue)

Offline PatriotAR15

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 02:44:13 PM »
Goodness! I thought NJ had the lowest prices of the nation! I was affraid that the one disadvantage to moving out of state would be the gas prices. I guess gas prices isnt an issue in Wyoming. GOOD DEAL! =)
Happiness is a cold gun, and a warm beer... Also could use a cure for dyslexia. - Jack

Offline Cat

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 12:08:01 AM »
I just paid $2.65/gal. at the Exxon in Gillette on my way back from Sheridan.

Cathy

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 11:21:20 AM »
Crook County doesn't have any reported cities on the gas buddy site, and so actually it should be the lightest green if not yellow. I registered on that site so I will start reporting what I see.
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline koreyej

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
    • ka Studios
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 02:16:07 PM »
Terminal to direct pipeline from mid-east somewhere near Sheridan or something?

While gas prices are affected by the distance of distribution, they are most impacted by REGULATION. More regulations on ingredients and processing (lead content, additives, etc) for air quality and such are what affects the prices first. Then, the problem becomes distribution. "Boutique" gasolines formulated for all the local regulations and restrictions must be distributed accordingly.

What is ok in Iowa is NOT ok in Illinois. In fact, what is ok in rural Illinois is NOT ok in Chicago, per local regulation. So, if the closest refinery does not make the particular "boutique" brand your local area can have, it has to be trucked from further away, therefore increasing the cost even more.

Just another way our tax dollars are working for us. Basically, the states with the most green are the states with the fewest regulations.
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart. - Stephen King

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 07:25:34 PM »
Ben Irvin reported that the city with the highest percentage of gas-guzzling vehicles is Gillette, Wyoming. Congrats, folks!  :D

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/07/14/news/wyoming/24-fuel-efficiency.txt

Number 4 in the nation was Rock Springs.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline wyoman

• Reader
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 03:00:17 AM »
the reason that gillette and rock springs rate so high for gas guzzlers is because of the current natural gas  booms and general energy industry in these towns/counties.  lotsa trucks/industrial equipment operating in these relatively low per capita population areas every day right now... git here before the boom ends!