Author Topic: Anyone listen to talk radio???  (Read 10046 times)

Offline swiftfox

Anyone listen to talk radio???
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:27:25 AM »
on 810 am out of spearfish SD from 10 to 11 am weekdays there is a guy by the name of derry brownfield on and is very good. if you cant get 810 check out www.derrybrownfield.com.

another good  one to listen to is kgab 650 am in cheyenne.  Dave and Amy in the mornings.

I think either one would give some good midia coverage to FSW.

Offline Atlas Shrug

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman
Re: Anyone listen to talk radio???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 04:40:33 PM »
Nationally, Neal Boortz is a good radio talk show host that should be receptive to the FSW goals.

(He co-authored The Fair Tax book, and is a libertarian party member.  He doesn't like the Lib stand on foreign affairs, and I generally agree with him on that.)

http://boortz.com/

Maybe too soon now, but he has potential as he's like minded.
Keep your powder dry,

Atlas Shrug

"Ordnance trumps Ordinance"   -Atlas Shrug
"The only thing worth getting up tight about is your rifle sling."  -Bobcat

Offline WY_Not

• FSW Associate
    • The Fundamentals of Freedom
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:53:46 AM »
Quinn and Rose Show out of Pittsburgh (of all places).

Home Page: http://warroom.com/
Sample Audio: http://warroom.com/sample/index.htm (Every week Friday's show will be available here.)

Location | Station | Contact | Broadcast Time
Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh | 104.7 FM -- FM News Talk | Website | 6-10 AM
Altoona | 1290 AM -- The Big 1290 News Talk WFBG | Website | 6-9 AM
Johnstown | 850 AM -- WNTJ | Website | 6-10 AM
Somerset | 990 AM -- WNTW | -- | 6-10 AM
Ohio
Akron | 640 AM -- WHLO | Website | 6-10 AM
West Virginia
Wheeling | 1170 AM -- WWVA | Website | 6-9 AM

XM Channel 165 - 6:00 am - 9:00 am
''Do not fear the government that fears the informed citizen,
Become informed and change it.
Do not fear the government that fears the armed citizen,
Arm yourself and change it.''
-- Joseph L. Hodge, 2004

Offline Rufus T. Firefly

• Social Type
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 10:05:26 PM »
on 810 am out of spearfish SD from 10 to 11 am weekdays there is a guy by the name of derry brownfield on and is very good. if you cant get 810 check out www.derrybrownfield.com.

another good  one to listen to is kgab 650 am in cheyenne.  Dave and Amy in the mornings.

I listen to talk radio all the time.  Especially over the internet at work with my headphones on.  Really helps to get through the day!

I often catch Derry Brownfield, he has a good show.  He is on the GCN radio network (gcnlive.com) right before the Alex Jones Show.  Great network!  Also, here in Colorado a great pro-Bill of Rights radio station is 1360 AM, the American Freedom Network.  Quality shows and good folks.  I think their signal even goes into southern Wyoming a bit.  Can anyone verify this?
"Search for the truth is the noblest occupation of man; its publication is a duty."
Anne Louise Germaine de Stael (1766-1817) French author

Offline Mutt

• Give me Liberty, or give me death.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:45:19 AM »
Also, here in Colorado a great pro-Bill of Rights radio station is 1360 AM, the American Freedom Network.  Quality shows and good folks.  I think their signal even goes into southern Wyoming a bit.  Can anyone verify this?
Hey Rufus,
I am your Colorado neighbor in the Four Corners region.
I listen to a station down here with Rush, Hannity, Laura Ingrahm, etc., but I switch it off when it goes to Paul Harvey and some Economic advice show.
I'm embarrased to say that I do not know the call sign for the station, if you don't mind, could you tell me the approximate air time of the show?
Thanks,
Mutt
I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.  ? George Mason 1788

They'ed rather be alive than free I guess. Poor dumb bastards.--
8Ball, Full Metal Jacket

Offline Rufus T. Firefly

• Social Type
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »
Also, here in Colorado a great pro-Bill of Rights radio station is 1360 AM, the American Freedom Network.  Quality shows and good folks.  I think their signal even goes into southern Wyoming a bit.  Can anyone verify this?
Hey Rufus,
I am your Colorado neighbor in the Four Corners region.
I listen to a station down here with Rush, Hannity, Laura Ingrahm, etc., but I switch it off when it goes to Paul Harvey and some Economic advice show.
I'm embarrased to say that I do not know the call sign for the station, if you don't mind, could you tell me the approximate air time of the show?
Thanks,
Mutt

Howdy Mutt!

Maybe I am a little dense but I don't quite follow your question.  Are you asking about the station call letters for 1360?  Or....something else?
"Search for the truth is the noblest occupation of man; its publication is a duty."
Anne Louise Germaine de Stael (1766-1817) French author

Offline Mutt

• Give me Liberty, or give me death.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 06:43:17 PM »
No Rufus I am the dense one. I misread your post and thought it was a program, not the entire programming for the station ???.
Oops,
Mutt
I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.  ? George Mason 1788

They'ed rather be alive than free I guess. Poor dumb bastards.--
8Ball, Full Metal Jacket

Offline bigdog82644

• Casual Observer
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »
I own a greenhouse business out here in Tennessee, I listen to one all day long. Rush Limbaugh is the best , then a few more during the day. I even have converted a few customes to it. Out in wyoming I used to listen to KTWO and it's forum it was talk all day. I didn't like dr. laura tho she was alot full of herself and she'd say one thing one day and another, next week on the same question.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 03:03:03 PM »
OO, OO , Big dog, (just a little hijack here)  Have you ever thought of running a green house in Wyoming ?  Here is a thread that I started to see if anyone else had ever thought of it.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?topic=1908.0 

Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline archy

• FReeper profile at Free Republic.com
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 05:26:33 PM »

Derry Brownfield is quite well known to me; the [Republican] newspaper editor for whom I worked in Indiana took a disliking to some of Mr Brownfield's commentary and ran a couple of hatchet editorials about him. Since I had been associated with the short-lived St Louis Sun in  1989/90, the boss figured I'd be a good one to find the dirt under Brownfield's fingernails. As it turned out, our paper got into a bigger and better peeing contest shortly thereafter, and I went on to other investigative projects.

That wasn't quite the end of the story, though. When I began writing and doing research for a former Hearst Los Angeles Herald-Express staffer named Joe Farah who had started up an on-line newswire service he'd named World Net Daily, I worked at some research projects pretty similiar to the ones I'd done for the Hiatt newspaper chain in southern Indiana, though nosing around the Clinton/Gore playground this time up at bat. And then came along a new addition to the WND stable: one Jon Dougherty, who'd formerly been a producer and guest host for Brownfield, who I believe was also associated with WND Managing Editor David Kupelian.

The good news: Jon has turned out to be a pretty good egg, and we've shared info and tips on more than one occasion. But my experience with *Kups* has been much less positive, and I suspect my reputation from my old Sun and Hiatt Papers efforts has poisoned that well permanently. 
I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. After I realized he had no use for his shoes, I took them, and then I felt much better about myself.

Offline JoshW

• Reader
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »

650AM here is WSM, Nashville. Home of the Grand Ol' Opry
I am the Rusted Fender of the American Dream.

Offline Danl

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 10:24:31 PM »
Today's show from Derry Brownfield is one of the best.? Here it is in MP3 format, just right click and choose save as to save to your hard drive or just click it to play it.

Spychips Interview

I don't know how long this link will be good for so if you are interested in it just go ahead and download it.

Regards, Danl ~W~
Alea iacta est, Molon Labe!
"I can see the faces of those who died when I refused to fight for freedom!"? Mefford
"Danl, Not an invader and liberator of Wyoming, but rather a refugee from the tyranny of Illinois."
Blog: Shall Not Be Infringed

Offline Eric

• Libertarian Media
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 06:55:04 PM »
I listen and am a patron of two libertarian shows: <a href="http://www.freetalklive.com">Free Talk Live</a> and <A href="http://www.radiofreeliberty.com">Radio Free Liberty</a> (although the latter is a non-daily podcast, but a bit more interesting and educational than FTL). Both a great programs, although FTL is more of a traditional talk show as they are in the radio in a few market and run a three-hour-show six days a week. They have one anarcho-capitalist and one minarchist host, so you get both sides of the libertarian perspective. FTL is supported by the Free State Project in New Hampshire and both hosts have moved there as part of the project. Radio Free Liberty, however, promotes Free State Wyoming and has bad Boston T. Party on the program before and had numerous programs discussing FSW.

The only person that I find any interest in on traditional talk radio is Neal Boortz although as of a late he has become quite the warmonger. I think he's gone from libertarian to Repulitarian. His show, however, is always funny and very entertaining even if I don't agree with much of what he says.
There are no boundaries one must adhere to when preserving one's liberty. -- Aaron Russo

vonu

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 01:12:26 PM »

Derry Brownfield's program can be heard live on his website or on demand at gcnlive.com, where many other programs are available.

vonu

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 01:13:33 PM »
Nationally, Neal Boortz is a good radio talk show host that should be receptive to the FSW goals.

(He co-authored The Fair Tax book, and is a libertarian party member.  He doesn't like the Lib stand on foreign affairs, and I generally agree with him on that.)

http://boortz.com/

Maybe too soon now, but he has potential as he's like minded.

He should be, if he were less an egotist, and more a free marketer.