Author Topic: hi  (Read 2439 times)

Offline zebadiahjones

hi
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:45:28 AM »
Hi,? I'm in my 20s, from Kansas, and recently out of the military.? With that newfound freedom, I've been thinking more about FSW, and have had a few questions for a while now.?

? I've been hesitant to ask them since I'm only sure that one of them will be answered since I'm an FNG.? That would be what anyone thought of the RWVA appleseed shoots who has been.? I was wanting to go to the one in Mingus TX (if I my m1a can be put back together in time, I'm not that fast with a bolt) and was just wanting some opinions (fred's kind of biased).

More importantly, I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough number on how many people have moved, or plan to soon, because it would affect what I might do.? I'm somewhere between a sophomore and a junior in college now, and still not sure what I'm doing, and it might help give me an idea what direction and/or time-frame to work towards.?

I had another question, too, but now all I can think of is to ask if there are any pheasants up there.

Thanks,
Zeb

Offline Richard

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 01:08:18 AM »
Hey Zeb and welcome!

I am 20 years old just moved here a few months ago from 2000 miles away.   

I went to the Appleseed shoot here a few months ago and really enjoyed it.  I learned a lot.  Unless you are already an expert Rifleman, it's well worth it.

We have people in all areas of the state now it seems and get together statewide every once in a while.  From corresponding to people on the forum and other people I met at the Jam it looks like a lot of people are planning to make the move this year.

The best thing would be to determine what it would take for you to move here, how long it will take you and then set a deadline and go for it!  No reason to wait

Offline zebadiahjones

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 01:36:59 AM »
Thanks!
Not sure why I'm still up at this time of the morning...

I shoot expert sometimes, but its sporadic.  Freds article recently said that they would take people at the Mingus shoot without signing up ahead of time, otherwise I would have given up on it for a while.  I know my dad has already talked himself out of it.

I've got enough questions (some are the same ones you see everywhere on the forum here) and I just don't know what to ask first. 

Did you just up and move?  I know its not that easy, but to be moved out there by 20 (okay, I  was 20 as of two days ago) is pretty speedy.  You going to school out there?

Offline Blaineus

• FSW Associate
  • Soli Deo gloria
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 05:27:07 AM »
Hey Zeb,

I did an Appleseed Shoot a few months ago, and had a blast.  Got lots of personal attention and the kind of practice that's just too hard to get by yourself.  I think it's worth it for beginners and experts.  Also, I met some awesome people and had a great time, so it was worth my time.  The RWVA folks are cool.

I too plan on moving to Wyoming after I get out of the service.  got a good number of years left in, but it's a goal of mine too.  Thank you so much for your service, glad you made it out safe and sound, and I appreciate what you did for your country.

Take care bud!

~Blaine
I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is base. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cleave to me.  Perverseness of heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
~Psalm 101

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 08:43:53 AM »
Dear Zeb,
What is an "FNG" and why would that prevent us from answering any of your questions? Far as I can see, the only questions that won't be answered are those that are not asked!! :)

I'm a 60 year old widow who moved here last year, pretty much out of the blue. No, it wasn't easy, but it's the best thing I ever did for myself. For the first time I can truly say I'm LIVING, and have a shot at doing exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life, hard times and all.

Please don't be shy about asking your questions. We have all been in at least something like your situation and want very much to help in any way possible. If you visit Wyoming, we'll put you up, feed you and show you around. We want to do whatever we can to make Wyoming YOUR home too!

Welcome to our forum, and I hope you'll get to know us well enough to join our FSW family.

MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline KesWindhunter

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 10:11:04 AM »
If you are thinking about moving to Crook County, Wyo, but want to continue your education, there is Black Hills State University in Spearfish, SD, which is only 35 miles from Sundance, Wy.

http://www.bhsu.edu

WUE keeps tuition WAY down without needing to be a South Dakota resident.

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program includes resident students from: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

Tuition for a WUE student is $119.10/credit

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 07:32:14 AM »
Howdy Zeb ,  will you be able to make it to the JAM ?   Glad to have you here !   Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785