Author Topic: Well, it seems those living in Virginia are up for grabs again:  (Read 3576 times)

Offline elk

• Needs To Get Out More
  • We never had to take any of it seriously, did we?
    • Downrange TV
Well, it seems those living in Virginia are up for grabs again:
« on: January 16, 2007, 07:21:56 PM »
Seems those loving folks from the Republican party (**GASP**) have just proposed a bill backed by the usual culprits (HCI, Dems, Left R Us, etcetera).

Can you guess what that is?

Yessiree, newspaper for January 16 2007 out in Virginia states that the Republicans out here have drafted a bill to ban private gun sales at gun shows.

"We're going to keep pushing it until it passes."

Here is the body: http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-ga-loophole.j16,1,1840625.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

It seems each time I open a newspaper things get worse.
Trading privacy for security is stupid enough; not getting any actual security in the bargain is even stupider.  ~ Bruce Schneier of Cryptogram fame (www.schneier.com)

Remember always that the only thing they required of us was our moral sanction. You lost when you accepted their moral code.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Well, it seems those living in Virginia are up for grabs again:
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:25:22 PM »
Thanks, Elk, but registration is required to read that story.

The story you requested is available only to registered members.
Note: Member name is no longer used to log in to this site.
Please log in with your e-mail address and password.
Registration is FREE.

One can build a dummy ID and password, but I'm not willing to give them my email address. I get enough spam as it is. sigh...

Nothing like that going on in Wyoming, far as I know. :)  ML
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline elk

• Needs To Get Out More
  • We never had to take any of it seriously, did we?
    • Downrange TV
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 04:47:51 AM »
That is the first half of the article.  The rest was in the actual newspaper.

The "good" Republican lass from Fairfax, Virginia uses 11 year old children (Klinton tactic anyone?) to "remind" us that "they need to feel safe and secure at school" and "for that reason we should ban private gun sales at gun shows".

The "good news" is that the Virginia Citizens Defense League has effectively proven the anti gun politicians to be outright liars, time and again.  This particular politician (R-Fairfax) has repeatedly shown her Klintonite flag and raised this issue every few years, and the VCDL are a good bunch of people, fighting hard to preserve those few rights that Virginians do have "left".  Unfortunately, it seems we have a lot of wolves in sheep skins in the legislature, and this year, their numbers have increased dramatically.

The bill may get shot down like always, but then again, Virginia is only a decade behind Kalifornia.  Sooner or later it will pass.
Trading privacy for security is stupid enough; not getting any actual security in the bargain is even stupider.  ~ Bruce Schneier of Cryptogram fame (www.schneier.com)

Remember always that the only thing they required of us was our moral sanction. You lost when you accepted their moral code.

Offline JoshW

• Reader
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 06:51:36 AM »
AFIK, Its dead. thanks to the VCDL.

The bill may get shot down like always, but then again, Virginia is only a decade behind Kalifornia.  Sooner or later it will pass.

And this is why I'm high-tailing it outta this toilet to WY!!

I am the Rusted Fender of the American Dream.

Offline Blaineus

• FSW Associate
  • Soli Deo gloria
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 03:47:02 PM »
So glad I'm out of Virginia for the time being (about/at least two years).  Unfortunately, I'm sure I'll be Norfolk bound again one day   >:(
I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is base. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cleave to me.  Perverseness of heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
~Psalm 101

Offline lunghd

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • What? You've lost your liberty? *doh!*
    • Another Freakin' Jeep Cherokee Website
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »
Thanks, Elk, but registration is required to read that story.

One can build a dummy ID and password, but I'm not willing to give them my email address. I get enough spam as it is. sigh...

Nothing like that going on in Wyoming, far as I know. :)  ML

OT but use TrashMail.net 's free plug in for FireFox... creates disposable, anonymous email addresses that will forward, via proxy to an email address you choose for a preset number of days or emails then it automatically deletes the account. Great for registering for sites just like that or where you need to respond to a 'confirmation email' to gain access... really mucks their spam / data mining. (I'm sure they still get the IP # but ya was talkin' about spam.)

If it ain't broke; DON'T fix it. This includes Wyoming.

535    thieves in Congress each stealing 1FRN from you.
   1    thief promises to "bring home" 60% of your 1FRN.
----   -- ---------------------
534.4 FRN in their pocket - .60 in yours. Explain how that's a good deal again.